Your favorite National Park poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one is your favorite?

• Acadia

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Arches

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Badlands

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Big Bend

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Biscayne

• Black Canyon of the Gunnison

• Bryce Canyon

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Canyonlands

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Capitol Reef

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Carlsbad Caverns

• Channel Islands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Congaree

• Crater Lake

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cuyahoga Valley

• Death Valley

• Dry Tortugas

• Everglades

• Glacier

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Grand Canyon

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Grand Teton

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Great Basin

• Great Sand Dunes

• Great Smoky Mountains

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Guadalupe Mountains

• Hot Springs

• Isle Royale

• Joshua Tree

• Kings Canyon

• Lassen Volcanic

• Mammoth Cave

• Mesa Verde

• Mount Rainier

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • North Cascades

• Olympic

• Petrified Forest

• Pinnacles

• Redwood

• Rocky Mountain

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saguaro

• Sequoia

• Shenandoah

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

• Voyageurs

• Wind Cave

• Yellowstone

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Yosemite

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Zion

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

SeilerBird

This is an informal poll to see which US National Parks are the most popular. I have listed only the 47 National Parks that are located in the lower 48. You are allowed 5 votes per person.

One quibble:  Sequoia and Kings Canyon are generally considered, managed,  and visited as a unit.  The front country of Kings (Cedar Grove)  is accessed thru Sequoia from the south.  Kings is essentially the northern half of Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP.

Carl L said:
One quibble:  Sequoia and Kings Canyon are generally considered, managed,  and visited as a unit.  The front country of Kings (Cedar Grove)  is accessed thru Sequoia from the south.  Kings is essentially the northern half of Sequoia/Kings Canyon NP.
I agree with you Carl about the management of the parks. However I have spent a lot of time in both parks and I consider them as different as night and day.

Well yes.  I have spent a lot in the two parks including backcountry peak climbing -- different as night and day is not what I would characterize them.  The reason for the quibble is that most folks combine both parks in their use of them -- be that front country or back.  I would have rather checked off Kings Canyon/Sequoia and used my 5th choice for another -- maybe Rainier or Glacier.

For the sheer diversity, I have to vote for Yellowstone. The mountain scenery may not be quite as spectacular as some other places, but it is not that far off. The wildlife is as viewable as anyplace in the country. The novelty (thermal) areas are endlessly fascinating.

All that being said, the birder in me had a hard time not voting for the Everglades. I can get tired of the scenery after the first day, but the birding is indeed, something special. It is the only park where I am thankful for the mobs of people. The birds have learned to ignore t us, and just go about their business.

On a side note, Capitol Reef National Park is a real gem that receives far too little attention. Those who have not visited it should give it a try the next time you are in that part of the country.

Great Horned Owl said:
On a side note, Capitol Reef National Park is a real gem that receives far too little attention. Those who have not visited it should give it a try the next time you are in that part of the country.
I agree with you Joel that Capitol Reef receives far too little attention. But we are better off because of that. There is only one campground at CR and it only has 71 spaces. However I noticed CR has gotten 6 votes in the poll at the moment putting it pretty high up.  Only four parks have more votes right now.

If you love hiking and you love bizarre and beautiful rock formations then check out CR, you won't be disappointed.

Capitol Reef does indeed have only one RV campground, a real jewel btw.  However, there is a good big CG, a KOA iirc, at Torrey UT  only 6 miles from the park.  We usually stayed there.

Made my vote for the ones we have visited so far.  Could not say for sure as there are many we have not yet been to, but
they are on our list.  Check back with me in a few years.  We're working on it. . . .

What?? No votes for Voyageurs?
You Sand People really need to get up north sometime.
You have Dingos carrying off small unattended children. Up here it's the mosquitoes.

Dang I thought my plate was full of places to go see now you have just added a ton more places to go. Don?t know how I am ever going to get it all done but I sure am going to give it a heck of a try.
Really like all of the information you folks share. Now if I can only get grandma away from the grandkids.

What a great forum.

Next time you're at an NPS site, buy the Passport book. It has all the NPS sites listed with pages for stamping the cancellations you find at each site. Makes a great list of 'done' and 'to do' and a nifty souvenir.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy for the great suggestion. We will look for the book the next time we are at a National Park.

Funny, I always hear about how nice Zion is.  But, Bryce has more votes than Zion.  I would have thought the opposite.  I'm headed there next summer and will form my own opinion!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom