Your favorite National Park poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one is your favorite?

• Acadia

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Arches

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Badlands

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Big Bend

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Biscayne

• Black Canyon of the Gunnison

• Bryce Canyon

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Canyonlands

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Capitol Reef

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Carlsbad Caverns

• Channel Islands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Congaree

• Crater Lake

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cuyahoga Valley

• Death Valley

• Dry Tortugas

• Everglades

• Glacier

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Grand Canyon

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Grand Teton

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Great Basin

• Great Sand Dunes

• Great Smoky Mountains

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Guadalupe Mountains

• Hot Springs

• Isle Royale

• Joshua Tree

• Kings Canyon

• Lassen Volcanic

• Mammoth Cave

• Mesa Verde

• Mount Rainier

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • North Cascades

• Olympic

• Petrified Forest

• Pinnacles

• Redwood

• Rocky Mountain

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Saguaro

• Sequoia

• Shenandoah

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

• Voyageurs

• Wind Cave

• Yellowstone

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Yosemite

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Zion

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
Fyrestorm said:
Funny, I always hear about how nice Zion is.  But, Bryce has more votes than Zion.  I would have thought the opposite.  I'm headed there next summer and will form my own opinion!!
Remember this is an informal poll and not scientific at all. It will have a very small sample size. The whole point of the poll is to let people know which National Parks are preferred by some of the RVers on this forum. Take the results with a grain of salt.

Fyrestorm said:
Funny, I always hear about how nice Zion is.  But, Bryce has more votes than Zion.  I would have thought the opposite.  I'm headed there next summer and will form my own opinion!!

DW and I spent 10 days at Zion last fall and loved it. Then we went to Bryce. We both agreed that we will probably not go back to Zion again. Bryce is more beautiful and far less crowded. While you are in the area, don't miss Cedar Breaks National Monument.

Joel

Also interesting that Wind Cave got no votes.  Certainly not on the level of the biggies, but a wonderful small park in an area of many other great things to see.  Wildlife loop is a few miles away, for example. 

Unfortunately, have only been to 5 - and marked those. So I guess they are the favorites of the ones I've been to. From what I hear, others would be better to me than some on my list of 5.

BTW, you misspelled Shenandoah. I picked up on this because I was stationed on the USS Shenandoah (AD-26) for awhile. Many Destroyer Tenders were named after geographical locations -- such as the USS Grand Canyon, the USS Bryce Canyon, the USS Yellowstone, the USS Yosemite, and the USS Everglades.

misspelled Shenandoah

Bob, I wasn't sure if Tom S has the ability to edit the poll, so I went ahead and corrected the spelling. If I'd participated in the poll, it would have jumped out at me, because of the title and lyrics of the song  ;D

I didn't realize till I created this poll that a new NP was created in January and I had not heard about it. It is called Pinnacles, located in central California east of Monterey and it was created to protect Condor nesting sites. How cool.

Fyrestorm said:

In my opinion Bryce & Zion are both great parks but between the 2 Zion is just fantastic . Especially the narrows .  My big regret is that I didn't visit it sooner as old age and asma kept giving me a hard time while exploring the wonders of that magnificent park .

SeilerBird said:
I didn't realize till I created this poll that a new NP was created in January and I had not heard about it. It is called Pinnacles, located in central California east of Monterey and it was created to protect Condor nesting sites. How cool.

If I remember correctly CA had a State park there.  Shortly after we moved out of CA we were offered a job as camp host.  We still had CA plates on the MH and they only asked CA residents to host because of the State income taxes others would  have to pay. 

There might have been a state park somewhere in the area. However Pinnacles was a National Monument since 1908. I used to live about 100 miles away but I have never been there. Isn't it ironic that as soon as I move to Florida and give up full timing they create a new National Park at the other end of the country. :-X

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom