Seeking fellow Jewish RVers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the forum, campergene.  Funny story.  When I told an older cousin about our plan to be full-timers and travel around the country in an RV, he told us, "Jews don't travel around in RVs"  I thought it was funny at the time that he would say that, but it did make me wonder why he would say that, and also if it was true, why.  And I'm not sure I qualify for your criteria, as I am not religious, and my wife is not Jewish.  Anyway, I am at Red Rock RV Park, in Island Park, Idaho.  It is less than a half hour from the West Yellowstone entrance to Yellowstone National Park, and we are here for another month.  If you pass through, please stop and say hello.  This is a great forum, and we have met many wonderful people through it.  You may want to consider updating your 'signature' in your profile area, as it helps to identify who you are, and what kind of rig you have.  You will see mine at the bottom that you can use as an example.
++Larry

Gene welcome to the foruml , there are a few here on this forum who are Jewish.  As the moniker implies, we hail from Halifax Nova Scotia, so don't qualify as a mid=westerner.  Bernie Dobrim, who is a long time member and is/was on the FMCA executive, heads up a Jewish chapter out of AZ.

Ed

We winter in Mesa Arizona at Mesa Regal RV Resort from the beginning of November to the beginning of April. It would be neat to connect with the Jewish Chapter out of Arizona, although we do not have a motorhome, but we have a travel trailer.

The forum suggested I start a new topic but we too are looking for rv parks where we aren't the only Jews. Most of the time I think we are. We are in fl now for three months and although there is a synagogue in town I would think the population is very small not unlike our own town in MA

Here is a funny video my Jewish friend likes to show people.  It is called "Jews Don't Camp":

http://youtu.be/WJLFcRdjW4o

Bruce

If you belong to FMCA, there is a CHAI chapter that has get togethers in FL and the NE. Check the chapter listings for current info, CHAI is in the International Area grouping.

I'm amazed a Religious based thread wasn't deleted 2 years ago, let alone brought back to top and not deleted. :eek:

Personally I don't see any reason to delete it because it's not debating anything about religion and is not controversial.  It's more along the lines of a want ad which is acceptable - at least to me.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Personally I don't see any reason to delete it because it's not debating anything about religion and is not controversial.  It's more along the lines of a want ad which is acceptable - at least to me.

ArdraF

I agree. I was going to post the pretty much the same thing, but being kinda new here, I was waiting for a staff member to reply first.

We're Jewish full timers. I'm not sure that qualifies for mid-west either.

We are also looking for other Jewsih Rv'ers in the Bay Area, CA. I looked into the CHAI FMCA chapter and it seems that they are inactive?  Does anyone know what happened to them?

Thanks,

Ranit

ranit said:
We are also looking for other Jewsih Rv'ers in the Bay Area, CA. I looked into the CHAI FMCA chapter and it seems that they are inactive?  Does anyone know what happened to them?

Most of the active members of the Western US contingent have left FMCA and/or retired from RVing. I don't think there have been any chapter activities for the last couple of years. The Eastern contingent (FL/NY) may still be active.

Yes, there are Jewish RVers.  And there is an active FMCA Chapter - The Shalom Roamers.  We are mainly based in Florida and belong to the FMCA - SEA region.  A majority of our members are also members of the FMCA Chapter - Chai mainly based out west.  We have a Facebook Group, a Yahoo Group and a newsletter distributed by email.  Our main rally of the year is during the 3rd week in December at the Sun-N-Fun Resort in Sarasota.  We try to meet up at FMCA rallies and have a table at the Chapter Fair.  Look for us at the FMCA Rally in Perry in March of 2016.  Or join us in Sarasota this coming December. 
For more information please write us at [email protected]

L'Shalom
Debbie Zimbler-DeLorenzo,  President

Dear Forum Staff:

I am not jewish, but I am very happy with your comments on why this thread is not just allowed, but encouraged.  There is no religious discussion, controversy or ranting here (so far).  It is just people trying to connect with others of like interest.  If you felt the need to delete threads like this due to religious content, I would feel the need to quit this forum.  VERY GOOD DECISION.

Your criteria on when to delete a "religious" thread are also very well thought out.  They would apply to threads on most topics.

Just one more reason I LOVE this forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom