Crooked rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2KViggen

Been meaning to ask.... Our 08 fleetwood bounder 38p has always sat crooked since new.  Sitting on level ground with jacks up the drivers side is noticeably lower then the passenger side.  Any ideas or thoughts on what it could be and if its something I should look into correcting?

It may just be that one side is significantly heavier than the other - that is common in Rvs. The first step is to get detailed weights, i.e. weigh each tire position to find out the true loads. Also measure the chassis to axle clearance to determine just how much each position is sagging down.

There have been occasional  problems with improperly set up suspensions, or broken springs (spring suspension) or ride height valves or air bags (air suspension), but I wouldn't leap to that conclusion without more detailed data and an inspection.

Years ago in Popular Mechanics magazine there was a serial called Gus Wilson's Model Garage.

One of his customers had a car that kept stalling out... It ran fine for his wife but stalled when he drove it and made either a left or a right turn (forget which too many years, I mean I read that mag in High School).

His wife was convinced it was because he was overweight and he needed to loose weight.

Turns out... She was sortta right.

his KEY ring was overweight.. When Gus took the ignition key off the ring the problem disappeared.

(I might add the last bunch of Ignition locks I've looked at (Locking wheel types) likely that would not happen, they work differently).

I agree with Gary, Suspect 1 is side to side weight load.. Get ye to a scale

Suspect 2 is a broken suspension part (Spring, air bag, whatever)

Back
Top Bottom