Wanting Reviews for Campgrounds/RV Parks around/near Altoona, Iowa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

Hi All,
My DH has decided to take on "one" more project before retiring and this one is in Altoona, Iowa.  I've been doing my research, but so far I've only found one park that sounds promising!  That one is Griffs RV Park.  I'm hoping some of you have stayed in or around Altoona and can give me some recommendations since we will be there for at least 3 months.  We don't necessarily have to be in Altoona but that's where the Jobsite is so we need to be within daily commute range.
TIA
Mikie

Go to rvparkreviews.com and click on Iowa. Choose Altoona, Des Moines, or other suburbs. The only one we have stayed at in that area is Cutty's. I would say its ok. Not the best, but okay, just watch where they put you. You don't want to be way up on the back hill if you have anything of size.

Stan

Adventure land Amusement Park has a nice campground in Altoona, Iowa. Might want to check their monthly rates. https://www.adventurelandpark.com/ They employ alot of work campers.

Saylorville lake corps of eng.  park in Ankeny, Iowa  is very nice and there are three or four parks together. About 14 miles North

Red Rock Lake corps of eng. Park by Pella Iowa is also very nice and also two or three parks together.
About 36 miles south. Pella is a nice Dutch community and great for a day trip.

Cutty?s already mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom