Thetford Cassette Style Toilet Leak: In Need of Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo

In our Aliner Expedition we have a Thetford cassette tank toilet that has sprung a leak.  I have traced the leak to what looks like a pex connection between where the cassette tank slides in and below the toilet bowl.  The problem I have is getting to it to confirm my diagnosis and do something about it.  I am hoping someone here has some experience with such a set-up, before I attempt taking the toilet apart.  I have included some photos to illustrate the area of concern.  #1 illustrates the overall layout.  #2 illustrates (with arrows) 2-screws when removed, frees the plate they are attached to and when removed provided just enough room to see the problem, but did not yield enough room to make the repair.  Since there is so little room from that vantage point, I am thinking the toilet itself can be removed, exposing the internal plumbing and connections (but not sure).  This leads me to photo #3, which illustrates again with arrows, 4 screws which I am wondering if removed, will allow me to get access to the internal plumbing by perhaps separating the toilet bowl from the lower unit?  Also I should indicate, this toilet pivots 90 degrees for use, then pivots back to close the cabinet in which it lives.  Thanks.

Attachments

• Thetford_Toilet1.jpg
    Thetford_Toilet1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Thetford_Toilet2-Edit.jpg
    Thetford_Toilet2-Edit.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 10
  • Thetford_Toilet3-Edit.jpg
    Thetford_Toilet3-Edit.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Forum statistics