BLUE OX AutoStop Braking system Install Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

56Nomad

Has anyone purchased and installed a Blue Ox AutoStop Braking system (BX8893) for their towed Jeep? 

Any advise or suggestions before I start drilling and wiring it as per the instructions?  http://blueox.com/Uploads/Docs/BX8893.pdf

Their wiring diagram is most confusing?????  With this being a mechanical device, I wonder if I really need to install the brake light indicator tow vehicle?

Thanks

Install complete. It took some time to figure out the best way to run the wires and cable, but it works great and it really was easier to do without following their directions in the installation manual. It's kinda like when you were a kid and you bought a Revell model aircraft....... I never read the directions and just put it together  ;D

Regarding the indicator light which it seems you figured out.

I have not read much on this system on the forums, but several folks with a competing system have expressed joy because of that light.. It alerted them to a problem, before it became a MAJOR problem.. Thus I'd say keep it in.. Some have even gone further and wired a indicator light to the vehicle brake light switch (on the competitor's product) to detect if the pedal  I see the blue ox system does it that way by default.. Makes it better than the competition in my not very humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom