EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: NORCOLD 621 not igniting  (Read 823 times)

17 Oaks

• ---
NORCOLD 621 not igniting
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »
Fridge, works fine on AC and inverter and gas.  Lately it will not ignite on the gas setting.

Solenoid works that lets the propane flow

Igniter clicks but does not light

Can light and fridge works by using a lighter (manually).

This tells me the igniter has failed (?).  Anyone got ANY idea of how to replace, a diagram or something that can show me part and where it is. 

Sidebar:  Propane friges like this are far from new tech.  But stop in at a dealer and instead of making any kind of suggestion about all they say is drop it off and we will try to get to it this week.  I would assume this a not a RARE problem and historically should be a simple fix of either 'this or that'...at least from THIS engineers viewpoint...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:29:21 PM by 17 Oaks »
Don
US Army Retired
F350 CC, LB, Dually
Arctic Fox 1150 TC

denmarc

• ---
  • "I put a spell on you!"
Re: NORCOLD not igniting
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:02:46 PM »
Year, make, and model of fridge would helpful.  Specifics help us to give more direct answers.
Mark

1994 Jayco Eagle 370FB on 24 acres of paid off paradise in Michigan.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Dr. Seuss

17 Oaks

• ---
Re: NORCOLD not igniting
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Year, make, and model of fridge would helpful.  Specifics help us to give more direct answers.
Yes!  Norcold mdl 621, 2009

I can find NOTHING in the manual about an igniter???? but can find the part but no diagram or instructions on replacing???
Don
US Army Retired
F350 CC, LB, Dually
Arctic Fox 1150 TC

Hosted by Over The Network