EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Single gate guard in TX  (Read 2004 times)

pymmint

• ---
Single gate guard in TX
« on: July 06, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
I am considering inquiring about a gate guard position, but I am a single person with 2 4 legged kids, is there much chance in getting a position ?  And do they assign 2 single people, so there is 24/7 hr coverage or how would that work ? I don't have a problem working by myself, but what is the likelihood of getting hired ?  How long are the jobs usually, I am sure if they go to the trouble of getting a person set up, they expect them to be there for a specified  amount of time.  What if there is an ER  ?  I am sure I have more questions, but inquiring minds want to know . . . .

saltfevr

• ---
Re: Single gate guard in TX
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:55:10 PM »
All good questions. Try this forum run by ft gate guarders. You'll have to register first, but then ask away! Good Luck:
http://www.myoldrv.com
Cathy & Tom
Utah
2013 Outdoors Rv Mfg 270dbhs Timber Ridge TT
2002 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 auto ext LB 4x4
Prodigy P2 Barker 3500 Leer PU Shell Equalizer WD

pymmint

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
Thanks, I was on that web site earlier, but I didn't notice the forum link.

AndyJ

• ---
    • My Old RV
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 05:19:16 AM »
Some pipeline construction gates are designated 12 hr gates that can be easily manned by a single person.  Since they move ahead at a fast clip the guard is sometimes asked to park their RV in a central location and then work out of their 4 wheel vehicle as the pipeline moves along.   There are a few single gates for oilfield construction but they are not the norm.

This is the BEST time of year to attain a gate guard position as there are more assignments than available guards due to the hostile environment and brutal South Texas summer.
Fulltiming in a 2010 Puma 30RKSS
1993 Dolphin 32D -destroyed by South Texas Hail storm Easter 2013

My Old RV

Oilfield Gate Guard Online Forum

Hosted by Over The Network