Single gate guard in TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pymmint

I am considering inquiring about a gate guard position, but I am a single person with 2 4 legged kids, is there much chance in getting a position ?  And do they assign 2 single people, so there is 24/7 hr coverage or how would that work ? I don't have a problem working by myself, but what is the likelihood of getting hired ?  How long are the jobs usually, I am sure if they go to the trouble of getting a person set up, they expect them to be there for a specified  amount of time.  What if there is an ER  ?  I am sure I have more questions, but inquiring minds want to know . . . .

All good questions. Try this forum run by ft gate guarders. You'll have to register first, but then ask away! Good Luck:
http://www.myoldrv.com

Thanks, I was on that web site earlier, but I didn't notice the forum link.

Some pipeline construction gates are designated 12 hr gates that can be easily manned by a single person.  Since they move ahead at a fast clip the guard is sometimes asked to park their RV in a central location and then work out of their 4 wheel vehicle as the pipeline moves along.  There are a few single gates for oilfield construction but they are not the norm.

This is the BEST time of year to attain a gate guard position as there are more assignments than available guards due to the hostile environment and brutal South Texas summer.

Back
Top Bottom