1998 Gulfstream class A ford f-53 460 chassic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fitz16316

:-\I need some help, 1998 Gulfstream Class A on a 1997 Ford F-53 chassis  I have replaced the alternator and the chassis battery and still have no charge to the truck battery.  It does charge the house batteries and the truck battery when plugged into shore power but with the motor running there is no charge to the truck battery.  The digital volt meter reads 12.6 before starting the motor then will slowly drop down  I have traced the wires as far as the starter solenoid and get a good reading there. If the motor is running and I switch off the truck battery isolator it will kill the motor.  The volt meter in the dash will jump up to about half way between the N in normal and the first white line on the scale which is about 8 or less volts.  I can not find any wiring diagram for this coach.  The alternator has the main power wireRed then a plug in in the back of the alternator along with the small plug in also in the back of the alternator.  I have no idea where the exciter wire hooks up under the dash or the motor compartment.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fitz16316

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom