Belgrad/Bozeman Area Events

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

July 17th through Sunday afternoon July 21st is the Gallatin Co. Fair.  This is about as close to an old time County fair as I think you can get, rides animals, 4-H rodeo, and other entertainment.  I usually work assisting the Sheriff's Dept. for several evenings and people have a ball!  You can get more information at
http://www.gallatin.mt.gov/Public_Documents/GallatinCoMT_Fairgrounds/CountyFair/Fair

Saturday July 20th is Rodeo day in Three Forks.  It actually starts with a street dance on Friday night, then breakfast on Saturday morning, a parade later in the day and the actual rodeo that night with another street dance after the rodeo.  This is a small town affair and is a lot different from Cheyenne Days or the Calgary Stampede and it is almost all locals participating.  See more at http://www.threeforksrodeo.com/.

In addition there is the Museum of the Rockies with dinosaurs and other exhibits.

Jim. Glad you posted this information. We are now at West Yellowstone and leave on the 17 th.  We would love to see a rodeo and the one at Three Forks would be perfect for our travel plans.  I will search for a RV park  (We have a forty four ft. MH with a tow vehicle)  Any suggestion will be appreciated.

anniemae said:
Jim. Glad you posted this information. We are now at West Yellowstone and leave on the 17 th.  We would love to see a rodeo and the one at Three Forks would be perfect for our travel plans.  I will search for a RV park  (We have a forty four ft. MH with a tow vehicle)  Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I am not familiar with the ones in or near Three Forks but know there are at least 2.  On is at Ft Three Forks along side the Wheat Montana Bakery and Deli.  A good place for a sandwich and soup BTW.  It is nothing special and I am not sure it would work for you.

I would recommend either the Sunset campground in Bozeman or the KOA near 4 corners.  I would also recommend you get reservations ASAP because of the Fair.  It is about 1730 miles of Interstate between Three Forks and Bozeman.

For a tourist area, we have very few campgrounds and no really good ones.  The KOA is about the best in the immediate area.

If you do make it, let us know and we can share a cup or go to one of the local restaurants or ????  I will probably be working the evenings of the 17th through the 20th at the fair.

I forgot to mention that there is a Flying J in Belgrade with a LARGE parking area and many RVers use it for short stays.  One has been there for about a week but it is dry camping.  There are RV dump sites about 1/2 mile north at the Cenex station and also at the Town Pump at Jackrabbit lane and Madison next to the new Holiday Inn Express - not even open yet.

Belgrade is about 17 miles from Three Forks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom