EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Recycling ???  (Read 1733 times)

waynesRV

• ---
Recycling ???
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:57:55 PM »
So me and wife and possble 14 yr old daughter are still years away from going full timers but is recycling cans and bottles out of the. Question for our RV
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:36:38 PM by waynesRV »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Recycling ???
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you can recycle at campgrounds, or if there are opportunities to make money recycling while living in your RV?
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

waynesRV

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »
Well we recycle at home. Just wondering if. It is gonna be worth it while full time rv ng.  Anyone have any experience with h recycling with the limited space. We will be running a 30 ft rv.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »
Any effort to recycle is worth it.  Keep your recyclables in a separate garbage bag and turn them in when you get to a place that recycles.  If you crush your cans, cardboard, and anything else crushable, it doesn't take that much space.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:51:30 AM »
Many National, state and local campgrounds have recycling bins set out for the campers. Especially in California. Being as you are still years away it will give you plenty of time to find an RV with a storage space that will work well for your recyclables.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

1joester2

• ---
  • Apeo - forever in our hearts. New dog: Duh Kooky
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »
You can also put a cargo hauler on the rear hitch (assuming it would be available and not have a toad on it) to keep storage bins for such items.
Common sense to many of us is, unfortunately, the higher education some strive to attain.

Joe and Carol
2001 Coachmen 220RK W/GM 7.4 Vortec

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:52:27 AM »
We recycle at home and look for recycle bins while away from home. We've been known to bring recycles home for disposal.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:17 AM »
We find that most campgrounds have recycle bins, at least for the items commonly recycled in that state. Some areas simply do not have the infrastructure for recycling certain things, i.e. no central facility for sorting and processing the scrap, while others have the means to process most anything.

If your main concern is recycling for profit, e.g. returnable (deposit) bottles or selling scrap aluminum, my guess is that it probably is going to be too limited to be worthwhile. You won't have enough space and weight capacity to be practical. Also, many states do not have a bottle deposit program, so it would depend on where you go.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »
You'll find recycling everywhere. We keep a separate bag for the things that can be recycled and look for bins in campgrounds and parks. We're headed to Oregon now so we have a trash bag in the shower where we're tossing our cans and bottles to cash in Oregon. There's no reason not to recycle at least the easy stuff like cans.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

jomarex

• ---
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »
PLASTIC is the one material I most feel the need to recycle, I think. Right now, I'm still near a big recycling facility that used to recycle all kinds of things. I saved up a big box of plastic and paper; went by there yesterday, and they no longer recycle plastic other than #1 and #2 !

I just cannot bear to put all that plastic in the garbage.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:11:43 PM by jomarex »
Joy
for sale -2004 Winnebago Adventurer
-planning to stay put for awhile in my new-to-me '07 Franklin TT
-plus three hairier-than-me beasts

Hosted by Over The Network