Recycling ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynesRV

So me and wife and possble 14 yr old daughter are still years away from going full timers but is recycling cans and bottles out of the. Question for our RV

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you can recycle at campgrounds, or if there are opportunities to make money recycling while living in your RV?

Well we recycle at home. Just wondering if. It is gonna be worth it while full time rv ng.  Anyone have any experience with h recycling with the limited space. We will be running a 30 ft rv.

Any effort to recycle is worth it.  Keep your recyclables in a separate garbage bag and turn them in when you get to a place that recycles.  If you crush your cans, cardboard, and anything else crushable, it doesn't take that much space.

Many National, state and local campgrounds have recycling bins set out for the campers. Especially in California. Being as you are still years away it will give you plenty of time to find an RV with a storage space that will work well for your recyclables.

You can also put a cargo hauler on the rear hitch (assuming it would be available and not have a toad on it) to keep storage bins for such items.

We recycle at home and look for recycle bins while away from home. We've been known to bring recycles home for disposal.

We find that most campgrounds have recycle bins, at least for the items commonly recycled in that state. Some areas simply do not have the infrastructure for recycling certain things, i.e. no central facility for sorting and processing the scrap, while others have the means to process most anything.

If your main concern is recycling for profit, e.g. returnable (deposit) bottles or selling scrap aluminum, my guess is that it probably is going to be too limited to be worthwhile. You won't have enough space and weight capacity to be practical. Also, many states do not have a bottle deposit program, so it would depend on where you go.

You'll find recycling everywhere. We keep a separate bag for the things that can be recycled and look for bins in campgrounds and parks. We're headed to Oregon now so we have a trash bag in the shower where we're tossing our cans and bottles to cash in Oregon. There's no reason not to recycle at least the easy stuff like cans.

PLASTIC is the one material I most feel the need to recycle, I think. Right now, I'm still near a big recycling facility that used to recycle all kinds of things. I saved up a big box of plastic and paper; went by there yesterday, and they no longer recycle plastic other than #1 and #2 !

I just cannot bear to put all that plastic in the garbage.

Back
Top Bottom