Winnebago Tour 42QD Mirror Positions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
When we took delivery of our 42QD and were driving it home, I noticed that the two outside rearview mirrors did not seem to be positioned well. The mirror on the driver's side seems to be about three inches further out from the side of the motorhome than it has to be, and the passenger side mirror looks like it's about three inches too far inboard than it should be. It's so far inboard that part of my view down the right side of the coach is blocked by the coach itself. The passenger side mirror is mounted on the front of the coach, and the driver's side mirror is mounted on the side of the coach.

I can remotely adjust the mirrors themselves just fine, but I'd like to reposition the arms so I'll have a better view down the sides of the coach. When I looked at how they're attached, however, I couldn't find any adjustments. Is there a way to adjust the arm positions of these mirrors? My owner's manual only talks about remotely controlling the mirrors (the glass) and not the arms.

Kev

On our 2012 the mirror arms themselves can also be adjusted to pivot the whole mirror asm . There is a plug at the bottom of the arm where it mounts on the MH. Remove this plug and there is a bolt (?) there you can loosen and then pivot the whole mirror to the position you like.

The drivers side mirror on that MH needs to be as far toward the side of the coach as possible to get the least amount of wind noise.  The passenger side mirror is difficult to get adjusted so that you can see with an unobstructed view.  I found that by adjusting it so you can just barely see the side of the MH works best.

My tech at Lazydays had me sit in drivers seat As he nudged the mirrors no tools Needed...just skill I guess .

I looked for something like a plug but didn't see anything. I may have missed it so I'll check again. I wish the arms were electric but didn't see any switches or anything in the manual. David, I agree with what you said about the passenger side mirror, and thanks for the tip on the wind noise.

Kev

What brand mirrors are they? The commonly used Velvac brand mirror arms are moved by removing a small chrome cap near each pivot point and loosening the set screw underneath. An Allen wrench (hex head) is required, but I've forgotten the size. Other brands probably have similar mechanisms.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear, Winnie is not using Velvac on the Tour or Ellipse - that's what I was addressing.  They are good mirrors and I'm glad they are still on the vendor list.

Not sure of the brand but I'll check. Been working extended flights for the last three nights so I haven't had five minutes to look at them. Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks. I'll let you know what I find.

Kev

Okay, they are "Lang Mekra" mirrors (never heard of 'em but I'm not a mirror guy ;)). I found the adjustment procedures in one of the Owners Manual Supplements. (There a lot of those!) Basically, you just apply a lot of pressure to them until they're positioned correctly. I had inially tried moving them like that but was afraid of pushing too hard and breaking something. Now I've got a much better view down the right side and the driver's side mirror is as far forward as I can get it and still have a good view (as was recommended). Thanks again for the help.

Kev

Back
Top Bottom