Temperature differential

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
...it is a lot easier to heat your house from the low 30's than it is to cool your house from 115.

Without meaning to send this thread off on a tangent, I am very skeptical of that. A 40 degree heat differential is the same, whether plus or minus from your target temperature. Heat flows either in or out at the same rate.  I suspect this may be a perception based on Northern homes typically being designed with excellent heating  and mediocre cooling, whereas southern homes are typically built the opposite.

And then we have our RVs, which seem to be designed for mediocre performance in both heating and cooing!

Admin edit: These messages were split from an unrelated discussion here .

Gary, your points are well taken, but if you want to go out at 32, you can put on heavier clothes and that allows the body heat to be retained, if you want to go out at 110, there is only so much you can take off and there is little you can do to keep cool.

Ed

Jim, don't forget that Minnisota is well north of us.  We don't get the sub zero F temps and all that snow, and certainly no permafrost!

Ed

Ed,
Agreed and if I had to winter in Canada, the Maritime Provinces would be my first choice, I had a boat built in Wood Harbor. Great place and fun boat builders the Malone brothers. However, 50 F is cold for me know.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom