2000 37G: Resistor pack location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougie Brown

I need to check the resistor pack as the fan blower switch only works on Hi position, i.e. full 12V.  I'm assuming that's the most likely cause anyway.  Anyone know where it is and what it looks like on a 37G?

I tried following the wiring from behind the dash but have surrendered for now.  ::)  The switch itself has four wires: yellow, white, red and orange/black.  The orange/black only goes live when the switch is turned to Hi position.  The other three (oddly?) are permanently live with the ignition on, which for now I don't understand.

Dougie.

Edit by John: changed message icon to Topic Solved

John Canfield said:
Dougie - typically they are located in the air flow somewhere on the plastic plenum/duct box. Look over the plenum and look for wires/terminal block.

John, is that outside under the hood or inside under the dash somewhere?

And what the heck is a plenum?  :-\

Dougie.

Plenum Wiki.  Dougie - what you're looking for is the plastic box that surrounds your dash air blower.  Turn on the blower and go to the source of noise and start looking around, it could be located inside or outside of the firewall. 

A surprising but happy ending.  I traced the wiring from the blower switch through the firewall but could find no resistor pack.  I did though find that the wiring went straight to a 5-point relay and then on to the air clutch and blower motor.  The relay tested faulty, so $11 later, job's a good 'un.  :D

Dougie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom