And so the full-time adventure begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFreedomMobile

Well, it's a week earlier than I expected, but today begins my first week of being full-time.

I wasn't planning to "officially" move into the motorhome until next week, but, inevitably, there came a time in the packing up the house when the motorhome ended up better set up than the house. So, here I am. :)

I'm not in the enviable position of many of the members here in that I have to still make a living (I'm a computer programmer and a musician), so this will be home and my mobile office.

My plan is to full-time for a year while I save up and purchase some land. Then, I will move the motorhome onto the land while I build a log cabin.
That's stage two. Stage one was saving up for, and buying, the motorhome, and leaving the house behind. Stage one... check.  8)

As we left the house this weekend - knowing that we will never spend another night there - my girlfriend asked me how I felt. I felt nothing really. I don't think I will miss it. Looking around this Winnebago as I type, I see that it is better appointed than my house was.
Then, I look at the driving compartment up front, and see the potential for many adventures ahead of me.

I'm optimistic, I'm free, and I'm now officially a full-timer. :)

Well congratulations and welcome to the club!

The leaving the house for the last time is pretty weird, but the "potential for many adventures" - there's the highlight! and there will be many...

Three years later, we have never felt more free and I hope your experience is as wonderful as ours has been.

Safe travels!

Kim

Congradulations, I know we really love it. Who knows, you might change yours plans and stop with the completed Step 1  ;D

Welcome to the full timers club. 

I am lucky in that I do not have to save for the future.  AS old as I am, I just live from day to day.

Who knows, you might change yours plans and stop with the completed Step 1
We agree!

Congratulations! You're gonna have a blast!

-Trevor & Roni

Well, it has now been about three weeks of full-timing, and thought I'd post a quick update.

It was always a risk giving up my house, and making this 35 footer home for me and my dog. Well, after three weeks... I LOVE it. :)

I am extremely fortunate in that I have a friend who has been amazing and is happy to let me use his property as my home base. When I feel like a change of scenery, or it's time to dump the tanks, I just slip her into gear, and go off on an adventure.

I personally cannot think of one negative to this arrangement. There is plenty of room. I have no sense of claustrophobia - even though I work from home. And it is all mine and paid for. Mortgage is gone. No rent. Wonderful. Last week, I took myself off to a state park, and spent the day working by the lake. The weekend before last, my girlfriend and I drove to Lookout Mountain in Tennessee, and spent the weekend doing Rock City, Ruby Falls, etc... I wonder what the poor folk are doing. :)

Anyway, I just thought I'd post an update from this very happy new full-timer.

Alan.

Wow, sounds like the great "Adventurer" Pun intended of course. 

I bought some land in TN back in 1981 that I planned to build a log cabin on, still have the land, no log cabin.  It's 5.6 acres within walking distance of the TN river, about 10 miles off of I-40.  It was perfect, I was through there on a weekly basis, then the job changed.  All the work I did back then, is all grown over now.  That was going to be my vacation home, but distance and the investment of time and work needed, kept me from getting it done.  I went by there on a recent trip to NC, but have too many logs in the fire now to get anything built at this point.

Maybe that's what I should have done back then, sold the house and gone mobile, sounds like a great plan.  Enjoy the Adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom