Haven't lost my enthusiasm..... just my money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

A tail of woe

Last week we were ready to leave on a one week trip camping with our daughters family on the Georgian Bay (really God's country).  Packed, ready to go, top off gas tank night before we leave and the vans VCM (vehicle computer module) fails.  Speedo reads 2x actual vehicle speed, then ZERO, the 2X again.  When reading zero the transmission is lost and does not know what gear to be in so continually goes through all of them.  You could use the van to make milk shakes.  Our van is a 2000 Chev Express 2500 with 130k miles on it.  Sunday I replaced the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) myself hoping that might have failed.  No dice.  So van spent Monday and Tuesday in dealership getting repaired.  Took TWO VCM's because first replacement was defective.  So Tuesday noonish we bailed on using the van.  Even if it was fixed (and by 11 A.M. Tuesday it was not), I in no way wanted to drive a untested repair up to the Georgian Bay area and maybe have troubles.  So........we stripped the van of the "stuff", food, and etc. that we needed for the now two day shorter trip.  I cleared the cobwebs from the back of the garage to find our old tent camping "stuff" and off we went.  WE DID HAVE A GREAT TIME.  I was a little to two fast in grabbing our Eureka Alpine Meadows 4 person tent (roomy, only used 2-3 years back in the ice age) and grabbed our daughters tent by mistake.  Hers is a Eureke two person Timberline, well made, NOT ROOMY for the two of us, used 8+ years.  Felt like beached whales when getting out of the Timberline in the morning.  Got better as week went on and our bodies re-learned how to stretch.

$1,600 later the van is now ready to go again, picked it up this morning, did a dance around it and said a few chants.  Yes, we had problems but I am glad the VCM failed while the van sat in our driveway and NOT while parked on the Georgian Bay.  The area is God's country but he/she/it did not place very many towns up there and even less dealerships and those that he/she/it did place up there are very small.

Happy Travels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:  First pic of our campsite shows the little two person tent we took.  Last pic is of the tent we were planning on taking but didn't.  But all was well.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1959.JPG
    IMG_1959.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1975m.jpg
    IMG_1975m.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2005ac.jpg
    IMG_2005ac.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2046.JPG
    IMG_2046.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2082.JPG
    IMG_2082.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 58
I feel your pain, Len. The BCM (Body Control Module) failed on our car last February while on a fun trip to Alabama. Just quit, with no warning symptoms at all. $1400 later it is as good as new!

Gary RV Roamer said:
I feel your pain, Len. The BCM (Body Control Module) failed on our car last February while on a fun trip to Alabama. Just quit, with no warning symptoms at all. $1400 later it is as good as new!
My Body Control Module would fail for sure if I had to sleep on the ground in a tent. ;D

My husband and I both don't know how the ceiling light switch got stuck. Neither of us caused it, not that we know of. We weren't in our RV for a good 2 weeks, once we began living in it again, we realized the button was stuck! How did this happen? Mainly, how do I FIX it?  :-\

Elainemariesolis said:
My husband and I both don't know how the ceiling light switch got stuck. Neither of us caused it, not that we know of. We weren't in our RV for a good 2 weeks, once we began living in it again, we realized the button was stuck! How did this happen? Mainly, how do I FIX it?  :-\

Welcome to the RVForum Elainemariesolis !

I think this is your second post on same subject.  Your question is buried inside an unrelated post and has a good chance of not being seen.  I would recommend that you start A NEW POST in say either the "Technical Talk" section or "General Discussion" section.  Make the title on your post descriptive.  Something like "Having trouble with a stuck overhead light switch".  You should also supply the type of rig you have, its year and make.  You should also use the "Attachments and other options" to post a picture of the light fixture as well as any information you can get off it.  There are many, many different light fixtures styles in use and the more information you can supply the better response you will get. 

Look forward to your post.

Len and Jo,

Well, a lousy start but it sounds like a great trip once on the way.  The Georgian Bay area is so beautiful.  And so is your family.  It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom