Concerned about RV tipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron Davies

We just bought a 2014 35' Gulfbreeze Champagne Series TT.  We are very excited to start camping.  This is my first camper and I will probably have a ton of questions and hopefully soon have some answers.

This camper has 2 slides and, having never been in a camper with slides, is there any concern for tipping?  This probably seems silly, but I got thinking about 4 adults sitting in the living area and 3-4 kids in the bunkhouse and all on a slide out.  Does this pose a risk?

Thanks and hopefully I find some more intelligent questions to ask.  ;D

I've never heard of an RV tipping because of the load in the slideouts.  It would take a lot more than just some people to cause a problem.  One caution, do NOT put any props under the slideout as if the trailer settles at all, you'll bend the mechanism.

Short answer is no concern.. I know that a class A looks rather "Top Heavy" and like it might be prone to tip, Epically with those big heavy air conditioners up on the roof.

But offsetting those puppies are a couple of things that hang low, Like the engine and transmission, the frame and such.    A WELL DESIGNED motor home is less top heavy than many cars and pick up trucks on the road. (I will not mention any names).

In fact I was chatting with a fellow Intruder driver, He told me about his old motor home (Not so well designed) and his "new" (older than mine) Intruder (About as stable as the Rock of Gibralter).

I can tell you I screwed up one day,, Spent the next month digging grass out of the undercarrage,  DID not tip over though,  Kept the rubber doen and the A/C's on top throught the ordeal (Went in a fairly deep ditch, straddled it, and found a way to get off of it safely)  I'm not sure my car would have been stable enough to do that.  Oh, And if I never do it again.... Well, you know how that is (Very happy).

Thanks everyone, just covering all my bases.  Looking forward to getting it out this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom