High $$ coaches are rollin'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And this reminds me of a story; several years ago we parked across the aisle from a $1M Prevost, The insignia on side of RV was either that of a Command Sgt Major or Sargeant Major of the Army..I forget my rankings now. This gentleman was one of the nicest and easy going of any in the campground...oh and I didn't act like Gomer Pyle either....Gawwwwlly....

Gary RV Roamer said:
...In any case, I was referring to the folks who already have theirs, "rollin" out to see and be seen at the premier summer spots. The Bar Harbor area is one of those places during mid-July through Labor Day...
We hope to hit there the day after Labor Day when the non-premier season begins.    ;)

I am happy with my 1991 38 ft MH 60,000 miles and paid for...OH yea and a bath and a half, not many of those around...

Sorry, Gary.  On rereading I see what you meant in your original post.  It went right over my head!  Duh....

ArdraF

I actually loved Gomer and the Beverly Hillbillies. If it wasn't for them I probably never would have considered selling the home we had and going fulltime in and RV! ;D

My wife and I are very content with our RV.  I do admire the high end motorhomes. I think they are  magnificent example of how far the industry has come.  I was parked next to one in Rapid City.  It was really beautiful but to me it looked out of place in a campground.  The most places we camp have mud or sand and if we have the G-kids with us they are doing kid things that would not go well with one of the high end models.  I think I would spend to much time making sure it was not stained or soiled. So I just think the problems that come with a "Taj Mahal" would not be worth the additional worry and work it would bring.  As soon as I win the big Power Ball I'm going to get one.. 

Well when I saw the title of this thread I just knew it was about me, my trophy wife, and (in my eyes) my high $$ coach.  It's not new, it's not paid for, but man do I love it!

Like many of you I'm sure, are old enough and have enough life experiences to realize, regardless of how nice a ___________ you have, someone else will have one nicer. But it don't hurt to admire.

huntnski said:
Like many of you I'm sure, are old enough and have enough life experiences to realize, regardless of how nice a ___________ you have, someone else will have one nicer.
Have you been to Bill Gate's house lately? :eek:

wincom6 said:
  I think I would spend to much time making sure it was not stained or soiled. So I just think the problems that come with a "Taj Mahal" would not be worth the additional worry and work it would bring. 

This is so true.  For years I coveted a nice new PU with all the options.  Then when I got it, my thought was, I don't want to take this one out 4 wheeling.  So I found I needed to keep the old one for the hard work, and with the new one every little scratch or spill seemed to dampen my spirits. 

Misery in life is coveting what your neighbor has;  Happiness in life, is being content with what you have.

No less than 5 Prevost rolled in today, all from Alabama and readily identifiable by their vanity license plates as Crimson Tide fans. Three Marathons, a Vantare and an older one I couldn't identify.

Two new Entegra Anthems too. Normally they would have stood out in any crowd, but not this time...

I really enjoy watching the parade of big rigs here - it's like a summer-long RV show.  8)

Fred recently noticed the new Newmar Mountain Aire profiled in the latest FMCA mag.  1/2 million or thereabouts.  He just went out and  bought some lottery tickets, for the mega bucks, hoping he'll get lucky.  :)  :)

We have noticed while moving back north a lot of travel trailers and motorhomes going south and I mean a lot.  They would go down 59, we would see them on 55 and 57, since many were coming out
of Indiana I'm sure they were going on the same highways.  Seems kind of expensive to move them 1 at a time, looks like TT's on a carrier or by rail would be more efficient.

The problem is there isn't enough volume going to a single location to justify loading the RVs on a train, most dealers only buy one or two at a time.  And most RV transport drivers work really cheap - there are a fair percentage of retirees who just want to supplement their social security while seeing the country and this holds down the pay for everyone.

If a rig is longer than about 20 ft. there's no way you can fit two of them on a 40 ft. flatbed - another reason most are driven to their destination.

Bottom line is that there are still a lot of people out there with a lot of $$!!!  I would be in heaven watching all those rigs, Gary!  ;D

I have to admit that I enjoy the continual parade of high class rigs here.  And lots of RVs in general - I get to see most of the newest models of trailers and coaches and sometimes have a chance to talk to the owners. The park is on a gentle slope down to the bay and we are positioned near the top, so we overlook much of the park as well as the water, so get to see the rigs and the vast variety of people who own them.

For medical reasons we aren't able to travel as widely as we used to, but this place (Narrows Too RV Resort, Trenton, ME) provides a lot of interesting sights, not to mention the fabulous Maine seafood and mostly pleasant summer climate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom