Shediac mini-rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

Quite unexpectedly Ken and Sheila discovered that they were passing very close to our summer cottage, and they agreed to divert, set up in our back yard and spend a few hours reminiscing about friends and framily.  It was a nice few hours, with the weather somewhat co-operative, cloud and of & on drizzle, a welcome relief for Ken and Sheila who have been travelling through the heat wave.  We had a few walks on the beach, went to supper  at a local fish joint, and had a nice relaxing time.
    Attached is a picture taken as they were setting up, just to make the mini-rally official, and a pic of one of the walks we took.

Attachments

• Ken & Sheila and Donna & Ed.jpg
    Ken & Sheila and Donna & Ed.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Eco trail.jpg
    Eco trail.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 35
Ed,

Nice to have photos but I still believe any gathering of forum framily, with or without photos, is still official. ;D

If I had known you were going to hike with Sheila, I would have warned you that she'll wear you out!! She walks faster than anyone I know!! ;D ;D

Jim, if you look at the picture, you'll note that we took them to a boardwalk on a sandbar, thus it is a dead end.  I may have been born at night, but just not last night.  We've hiked with Ken and Sheila before, so I knew to let her go.
    When we got to the end of the boardwalk, I wasn't sure Sheila would respect the sign posted as we walked onto the beach.  I've posted a couple of more pics.

Ed

Attachments

• weird sign.jpg
    weird sign.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Eco trail.jpg
    Eco trail.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 34
  Oops, posted the wrong pic on the second post, here is the right one.  Note, we turned the heat off while they were here, they had long sleeves along, we're back up in the 80's today, with high humidity.

Ed

Attachments

• Eco entrance.jpg
    Eco entrance.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 39
I give the campground at Ed & Donna's Shediac cottage high marks - 5*****'s.  What gracious hosts and tour guides.  Hope to see them again in Halifax when we return to the mainland.  Off to Newfoundland at 9:30 am tomorrow.  Right now we are sitting in a truck stop having lunch and had to start the gennie so we could turn on the air.  Hopefully the island will be cooler, loving our Canadian trip... 

Ken, when we talked a couple of "New Years Catalina" rallies ago, I think you said you were considering taking a smaller RV to Newfoundland......must have changed your mind..... ;D

Have a great time!  We LOVED Newfoundland; and you are right Ed and Donna are great hosts.  They introduced us to a couple of new things when we camped with them on PEI.

Marsha~

Marsha, we're having new potatoes and BBQ'd salmon for supper tonight with a couple who own a place in the subdivision in St Petes near us.  We'd have them again if you want to scoot over, you'd likely not be able to make it for supper tonight, but you could try.
    Ken and Sheila would still be on the ferry, they took the 9:30 AM boat which get them in in about an hour.  When Ken and I were talking, we both are talking of looking for a Class B.  They'd not get rid of their MH, and we have ours listed on line, as we will spend most of our time at our place in Florida, but we all love the RVing lifestyle.

Ed

Ed you'll be right up there as a two RV family.

Ken is downsizing; when they left Happy Trails this spring it was a Class C with a slide or two.

Marsha,

We still plan on buying a B+ to take to Alaska next year. Because this trip was over 6 months and the only reason for a smaller rig was the ferry fees to NF, I decided to wait until next year. But after paying $516 for the ferry one way (shorter ferry) - not to mention fuel at over $5.00, maybe I made a mistake. But its hard to give up all the extra comforts of this the big rig.

ken

Ken, sounds like a plan.  I would have a hard time giving up my room in the coach also.  Come to Montana/Wy diesel is $3.82 +/- ; much better than California or Canada.  Every once in a while, we think about going smaller.

We keep looking at the Bigfoot slide in truck camper for several reasons.  We live in the lower Sierra mountains and would love to do some camping right near us.  I refuse to go back to sleeping in a tent, and we can't get the big rig up there.  Plus we'd like to do Alaska again in a couple of years but from a different view point, so the camper would work there too.  However, what do I need with two rigs and I'm not giving up my big one... ;D

Plus add to the decision pot that we are looking at an RV lot to buy in western Wyoming; and we still haven't finished the big backyard project at home!

My head is buzzing!  Have fun in Newfoundland!

Marsha~

Well Marsha, we'd like another western trip, but we have no place to store the rig, it is about a 10,000 mile trip from FL to NS then back to UT or AZ, plus we have absolutely no desire to head into snow.  So, a smaller unit would help by allowing us to eliminate doubling back to NS then heading west (about 3,000 extra miles).  So, if we are to come west again, it likely won't be with our present coach.

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom