planned work/remodel on 06 Sunray Smokey 22 RKS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

festerback

OK, here is what I have planned. Know that weight is always and issue so it is alway in the back of my mind. First, removed dinette, which would take away 100lbs. adding a simple 2 piece recliner, more like a glider rocker with ottoman. 100lbs back. going to take the under the bed storage and turn into a captains style bed. Going to be living in this think full time and have to have place that I can put my clothing that I can access without lifting bed. will add weight, about 100lbs. Had some rot on the dinette so I fear the leak I found may be worse than I thought. So plan is to remove lower half of interior siding to check walls. If OK, replacing with 1/8 paneling. may do this throughout. Should be a trade off weight wise, removing an mdf type and going back with a similar weight. adding a tv stand that is heavier than what I need but money is tight and have to use it. want to add carpet squares to warm the place up. once I get it to the park, will not move until I move. may be a year maybe longer.

By removing the dinette I opened up the socalled lining room/kitchenb area. Added a small foldaway table like tv stand to sit stuff on. May have to improve support when working on walls.

This weekend its seal seems and windows. While finishing new stair case in house. Going to be a full weekend.

Back
Top Bottom