Vacation in Arkansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeachCitySunSkiff

Afternoon, Dea and I are planning a vacation in late August.  We are thing about Bull Shoals- White River area in Arkansas.  We like staying State or National parks with a lake or river for some fishing.  Also maybe a few trails for hiking.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Mike and Dea

We will be camping at the Dam Site RV Park at Beaver Lake, Arkansas between the 15th and 21 of Aug.  This National Park and with the "Old Fart Pass" the sites with just electric are 8 dollars a day and the sites with water and electric are 10 dollars a day.  The park couple minute walk to the river and some great trout fishing.  That also includes the day pass to all the parks around the lake.  If you have any questions about the park let me know. 

If you like Country Music stay at Mountain View. They have good free acoustical music near the courthouse every night except Sunday. If you play, join in with them. They have a museum type of display on top of the hill. Fishing looked good just a couple of miles north. We stop in for several days or a week every time we get close.

Although you cannot get as much fishing at the Crater of Diamonds State Park as you might like, you can "fish" for diamonds! Might pay for your trip and it's on the way up from Texas!

Farther along the way is DeGray State Park, which is well known for the boating and fishing activity. Not sure what fishing is like at that time of year however.

You can get a little bit of lake fishing at Petit Jean State Park, and it, too, is on your way north. Lots of great hiking opportunities there, especially down to the falls.

Expect your weather to be hot and humid, much like what you have in Houston.

Have a great trip! Tons of great state parks all along the way, each with its own attraction. As a native Arkansan, we like to show off our parks to our neighbors.

Here is another location to look at. http://mostateparks.com/park/onondaga-cave-state-park  ,Three trails on the park as well as more just down the road. Also has the river on the border of the park and lots of camp sites. (reservation made online) Also has two caves with guided tours...And then next door (Ozark Outdoors) has camp sitse as well as raft and float trips of all lengths....This is in central Missouri. Check it out.....

Not only all of the above, but Arkansas also has many really neat COE parks.

Thanks everybody for the great information.  I'm going add the item to my planning list.  But looks like the plan has changed.  I think we are headed to Lake Oahe in South Dakota.  A lot longer drive than I planned on, but family will be meeting us there and I always enjoy family.  Sounds like good fishing so we will have a good time.  We may go to Arkansas in November, may be a little cooler.  Again thanks for the info.  Anybody have info on Lake Oahe? 

Mike,
You and Dea certainly  epitomize the RV philosophy of making plans in jello!  How old are those grand kids now and when are you coming  back to Quartzsite?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom