1994 Damon Challenger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grumpysmith

The four top rear marker lights fail to work- its obviously a wiring problem but how do get into the back of them?

There are no obvious removable inside bits and no outside access?

Before I disassemble the back end, any ideas?

Before anything I would check chassis fuse panel. I know, front ones work right? Some have separate fuses, front and rear. I would then look underneath coach in corners, possible they ran wiring there then up, check for voltage there.

I happen to live full time in a 1994 Damon Challenger class A 32 footer. I have 5 lights across the top of my rear end (don't go there) and there is no way in except removing a lot of stuff. Checking fuses is the first thing you should be doing as Joey pointed out. I can't see any wiring on mine no matter where I look inside or out. If it were me I would start by removing the each light one at a time and checking to be sure the wires are all connected. The lights are obviously wired in series so when one wire gets broken then rest of the downstream lights won't work. I would start by looking at the back ones, then the front ones and then pull the brake light assembly.

Once the coloured lens comes off, you should find several screws that hold the base to the trailer/motorhome. Removing them should allow the fixture to come off (once the sealant has been cut). You will likely find a hole where the wires come through and the connections to the light's pigtail should be reachable/visible and can be checked for voltage. The lights are likely multipled together in PARALLEL but should the wiring be loose on the first appearance you will get no lights at all (or no lights beyond the break). Check the fuses first though!!!

Well thanks everyone,I can see wires going up past the port tail lights, I will check fuses.

Grumpy,
I had the same thing happen on my 97 Challenger. I've since sold it, but if I recall correctly the fuse for the rear lights was in the front 12V distribution panel and not under the dash in the chassis fuse box.
Terry

You said 4, you should have 5 marker lights top rear. So are any of them working? Every time my marker lights have stopped working, it's either been a bad bulb or bad connection at the bulb in the light itself.

Back
Top Bottom