2006 Ford F250 replacement tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tawjmn

I need some suggestions on tires for my F250; I work on the road doing civil and environmental construction.  I have 2005 Cougar 281 EFS 5ver which I now take with me.  I just traveled from northern MN to southwest CO without any hiccups to speak of.  The one thing I did notice after getting down here it is time to replace the tires on the F250.  Here is where I need help normally I run Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor or WRANGLER MT/R W/KEVLAR due to conditions on sites sometimes get rough but not very shall I say towing and highway friendly. Before it was just moving truck to site and flying home now I need move camper.  What I am looking for is a good highway tire but with still enough aggressive tread to handle construction sites I know I will not be running it hard out across field and hills of site and sticking mostly to site access roads and such. 
So anyone out there with thoughts, suggestions, and horror stories let me know? 

Also looking for something that will last a while.

Thanks

Thom

I used to maintain a fleet of light trucks in similar conditions. We found Toyo M606 best met our needs. Ran M-55's on the Fords as M606 was not available in that size, they rode a bit stiff so we didn't run at maximum pressure unless loaded.

I have the Goodyear Wrangler Pro series on my 2008 F250 with diesel and I don't frequent construction sites just campgrounds, national parks and local food stores...and of course church. Love the tires and don't understand why you would not want to use them for pulling your camper.

Bob

Bobandpamlemay said:
I have the Goodyear Wrangler Pro series on my 2008 F250 with diesel and I don't frequent construction sites just campgrounds, national parks and local food stores...and of course church. Love the tires and don't understand why you would not want to use them for pulling your camper.

Bob

We have run them on our work trucks for sometime but seem to have limited life span not to sure if it is the road or work environment that eats the thread off them.  I may end up back there if do not find middle ground for tires.

As a HWY tire I'm a real fan of Michelin's MS2. They are really good for HWY, hard packed snow and dirt, if it is dry. Mud is there weak point.

warsw said:
As a HWY tire I'm a real fan of Michelin's MS2. They are really good for HWY, hard packed snow and dirt, if it is dry. Mud is there weak point.

I have looked at them and that the one thing I hear about them is mud weak point, on some sites little dust we put down water and on temporary clay based road you have slippery mud.

I like General Ameritrac they don't run as many miles as the Michelin but the cost per mile is lower. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom