add ac to fleetwood avalon tent trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donuts

I am looking at a 2008 Fleetwood Avalon tent trailer, but it does not have air conditioning. The owners do not know if their trailer is wired for air. There is no vent in the roof anywhere. Since this is a super high end trailer, it could have been wired for air, but they don't make these trailers anymore. I am trying to find out if I can add air to this trailer. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

Stan

If there are no existing penetrations in the roof, I would suspect that a roof air conditioner would be too heavy to be supported. The roof does not likely have the necessary structure to support the added weight as they are usually a simple fibre/plastic moulded box. 

As far as power is concerned, it is also unlikely to have the necessary wiring either unless AC was an option at that time. Any way to find a brochure on that model as it is not that old??

It sure would be hard to keep cool with all that canvas and plastic windows/screens in any event. Most 'pop-up' style campers with AC that I have seen (not many!) have hard sides at least.

A/c was available on the Avalon. Here is one for sale on ebay with it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/camper-folding-trailer-fleetwood-AVOLON-2008-/111097886576?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item19ddf33770

Back
Top Bottom