Anyone Own a Land Roamer 295RL, or Know of Similar Model?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GaryB

Hi All - I've found a 5er I like - Land Roamer by Cruiser RV, division of DoubleTree RV.? The model is 295RL (http://www.shadowcruiser.com/landroamer/floorplans.html).  It's rather light (7840 lbs dry) with king bed and rear lounge with 2 recliners and big window.? It has two slideouts - living area and bedroom, and is priced? well ($25-30k new).? Has anybody heard anything about the quality of that RV before (model or manufacturer)??

Also, on the mfr website for that model, it says something like "since this is a lightweight model, it may not be for everybody..."? Are there any explicit disadvantages to a lightweight model?? (assuming the floorplan, etc. are all acceptable).? I cannot figure out why they would say that, implying there's inherent disadvantages to a "lightweight" 5er.

Thanks
Gary

Lighter construction.  More flimsy furnishings especially cabinets.  Not really suited to full timing.

That said, I have been towing a lightweight 23 foot  TT for some 10 years and 59K miles and it is stil thoroughly livable. 

Thanks Carl.  I had forgotten to post the web link for that 5er, and so I just did.  Please let me know if you see anything that looks "fishy" (construction wise) about it.  Maybe it's not possible to tell from that website.  I did hear of the parent company before (Doubletree RV) - guess that's a good thing, even though I may be getting that confused with the hotel chain  :)

By the way, the cargo capacity (=GVWR-dry weight) is 4220 lbs, quite high compared to many even larger 5ers I've seen.  Is a high cargo capacity indicative of "sturdiness" in any way?

Thanks again for lending your time and experience
Gary

Back
Top Bottom