New Tires on the Old Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Dog

Getting ready to run the Rubicon next month and Goodyear just happened to put an $80 rebate on MTR's.....love it when a plan comes together...! ;D ;D

Attachments

• Jeep 1.jpg
    Jeep 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 51
  • Jeep 5.jpg
    Jeep 5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 46
They seem to be decent on the road. Really looking forward to getting them in the rocks though. I'm in the process of collecting parts for a tummy tuck flat against the frame, but it's probably not going to get accomplished until winter. I'd rather play while the weather is good.

You will be amazed at the capability the tummy tuck provides.  I went with Rokmen control arms on the rear axle with two threaded ends so you can turn the barrel when you set your pinion angle - that made it really easy.

I've already got Currie adjustables on the back John, and am planning on the fronts as well. First thing I need is to install my 1" body lift, and Novak shift cable. Then it's on to building a transfercase mount and skid.

Oh, good show Dennis!  Unfortunately when I changed my front control arms to johnny joints I bought arms with only one end adjustable, adjusting the axle was a complete PITA  ::).

FrontrangeRVer said:
Dennis, are those 33 inchers?

They are equivilent to 33"x12". I went to 16" wheels a couple of years ago (a mistake) so I'm forced to buy metric tires. They are 305/70R16's. If I would have stayed with 15" wheels, I could have bought the five tires in 33" x 12.5" for about $250 less than what it cost for the 16 inchers.

Water Dog said:
If I would have stayed with 15" wheels, I could have bought the five tires in 33" x 12.5" for about $250 less than what it cost for the 16 inchers.
Lack of demand has driven the price for 15" tires down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom