Norcold reefer "no co" error code again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wb6kwt

About a month ago I asked for advise concerning a "no co" error. I took the RV into a local dealer and they reset the controller. We were out for a 4 day trip and the dang thing developed another code "sr" which is a problem with the controller and then the "no co" error occurred again. We had to buy an ice chest and suffer through the next couple of days with no refrig. Lost our ICE CREAM"
bummer. I have an appointment tomorrow but concerned that they will just reset it and I'll end up with the same problem. I plan to demand they do a complete inspection of the unit and at least offer me a 30 day warranty but who know what they will say. We are leaving in 10 days for two weeks and can't put up with an ice chest for that period of time.

Any one have any experience with the "rs" error?

Thanks,

Bob 

Yes Bob I do, no cool. What I think they did was perform  hard reset. Now, that may have had to be done for a couple of reasons, unit sat unlevel and the safety shut off, or possible, cooling unit failure in infant stages, Lets assume it was the earlier option. At any rate, I believe , if my memory serves me correctly, turn on refer in a/c mode, remove the 12vdc leads, igniter lead, ac cord gas valve lines, then remove cover. Hook 12vdc wires back up, You will go to pin connector #15, it will be beside an open pin on 16 pin next to white wire, I believe, on the board, With 22awg wire stripped at both ends, one end on pin #15 the other to ground for 15-20 seconds, you will hear a click. Turn refer off, then back on, if NC gone, replace cover and reconnect wires.  I understand you are taking to service center, but this info may help you at a later time. Could be other reasons for the NC code, the 2 listed is most common that I have ran accrossed. Good Luck. If you have a manual on refer, double check the procedure for resest.

Joey has described the basic reset procedure. You can view it or download it from this website. It is about the 20th item in the list of refrigerator manuals. One of the basic reasons that Norcold refrigerators shutdown is overheating in hot weather. If your unit does not have a fan installed in the back, you can install one yourself or have one installed. There are several models available from RV supply sources. You can also use a computer muffin fan which is what I did. Once I installed the fan, I never had another overheat shutdown in six years. As a short term solution, removing the back cover of the refrigerator when the temps get near 90 degrees and above should allow more air flow and prevent overheating.

You've never mentioned the model of your Norcold, so it is difficult to be specific about this fault. In many Norcold models, an SR indicates a failure in the Flame Sense circuit, but in others it is used in conjunction with a secondary code to indicate other circuit failures, e.g. the 120vac mode relay stuck. Generally, though, the SR indicates some sort of problem with the controller circuit board.

As I explained in your other messages concerning NoCo, resetting it is merely a stop gap. If it repeats as yours did, there is a problem that needs to be fixed before something potentially dangerous occurs.  A NoCo is not simply overheating of the boiler - it is overheating combined with no cooling at the fins inside the fridge. Off-level operation can cause this, but so can the residual effects of previous off-level operation, or a leak in the cooling unit, or a lack of air flow through the cooling unit "tower". If the "tower" stays hot enough, the absorption cooling cycle doesn't complete and cooling stops.

Just got back from having a new circuit board installed in my Norcold 1210 due to a SR code.  As Gary indicated, it was due to a flame sensor error.  Since the coach is 8yrs old and I am not the original owner, I chose to get the new board vs a stop gap.  Part was $360. 

Back
Top Bottom