Android 4.3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

One of the "advantages" of having a Nexus 4 phone is that Google updates their own products first. A few days ago Google announced Android 4.3. I just got a notice that my phone had downloaded it and was ready to install the update and it did. It is an update that is just as exciting as the one from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2. In other words it is basically going to go unnoticed by just about everyone. Here is a slide show of some of the best new features (yawn).

http://www.eweek.com/mobile/slideshows/android-4.3-jelly-beans-10-best-new-features-for-mobile-users/

It is a 170 meg download and I am on a very slow connection. I will be getting my Nexus 7 tomorrow and that one will also need to be updated.

I downloaded 4.3 yesterday to my Nexus 10 and now MX player will not work. I noticed there are several versions of MX player, but I don't know which is the correct one that will work with my Nexus if, in fact, any of them will work.

I don't watch movies on my phone and my tablet isn't here yet so I have no experience with the app. The app's description in the Google Play store mentions the app is compatible with Jelly Bean 4.2 so I guess you will have to wait a few days until it gets updated. Did you let the developer know the app doesn't work with 4.3?

Judging by the reviews, many people have let the developers know the app has failed after the update. Adding my review would be like throwing a toothpick in a bon fire. LOL

John, they're rolling out the update slowly.  My Nexus 7 is still waiting too.  My new Nexus 7 that arrives tomorrow will have 4.3 on it.

John - It is going to take some time to roll out the update. They have sold millions of Nexus 4, 7 and 10s. Multiply that by the 170 megs of download and you have some serious bandwidth.

My Nexus 7 is sitting in the office and the office worker didn't come to work today. I can see the box sitting there but there is no one in the office. The office is closed tomorrow. I am hoping I can get it on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom