All Things Horses --- My Old Kentucky Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

takinbetz

On the road again for our summer FLorida escape ultimately heading to Michigan to work for one month at N. Muskegon State Park as campground hosts.  Spent several days in Asheville, our old stomping grounds and are now in Kentucky for the weekend.  We  hit the Kentucky Horse Park on a great weekend .....yesterday was  Hats Off Day with free admission and a great Rood & Riddle Gran Prix horse show for jumpers.  Haven't been to a horse show in years.  Weather is cool and dry and we are sitting without air conditioning for the first time in two weeks!  Also discovered a new distillery that just got added to the Bourbon Trail.  For updates on our blogs, check out links in profile to follow the trips and for a comprehensive tour of Kentucky distilleries if you are in the area. :) :) :)

Betsy, Dave & BD Billy

Edit: Links in profile.

Thanks for posting from my favorite State . . .  :)

My childhood home was about 10 miles from the now Horse Park - in Georgetown, KY. Did high school and college there. After my Navy days I returned and stayed with my folks who had moved to Lexington - and stayed another 2 years while attending U of K.

The horse farms between Georgetown and Lexington were such an important part of growing up there. This was before freeways - just 2 lane roads through miles and miles of bluegrass fields, white fences - and thoroughbred horses. We worked the farms summers for tuition monies - mostly tobacco or stripping bluegrass. The going rate for grunt employees was $6.00/day, sunup, until sundown. Of course, the included a ham, bacon, eggs, fresh biscuits and gravy breakfast on the farm at 5:00am.

Glad you enjoyed your brief visit to Kentucky.

Back
Top Bottom