Holes from previous owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SBJBRH

So I've resealed our roof and we decided after much thought and a very musty smell inside our old metal 1970's  (I think it may be 1976) camper that we were going to rip out the walls and assess the internal damage. 

My husband is asthmatic and unfortunately  stale air and mold are top on his problem list.  So as you can imagine I have half the walls ripped out all of the seating and bed area ripped out and part of the ceiling is gone.  So as I stand inside looking around I notice that I can see day light coming from the edge.  As I get closer I can tell that someone had drilled something onto the outside of the camper at some point and then later removed it and then left the holes uncovered.  It is a few inches from the roof and there is a hole every one to two inches all the way across the front part of the camper (front meaning closest to the hitch of the camper not the front door). 

How would you seal these holes as cheaply as possible but done correctly?

I tried googling it but I get varied crap information. 

Any advice on repairing holes?  Bondo? 

Depends of the size of the holes, but it sounds like a PO may have had a wind spoiler or something mounted there.  If the holes are small enough, I would just put a screw in each and caulk over with Dicor or something similar (not silicone).  If the holes are too large for screws, something like Bondo should work as long as you back the hole with fiberglass cloth or screen.

Back
Top Bottom