electric auto steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superstock

gulfstream sun voyager, auto steps won't work up or down I have checked and rechecked all fuses that I am aware of and everything is good. I have changed the control module still nothing. After several wiring checks I have no power to the brown wire which I understand is the power source for the steps. If I hook a battery to the step motor they go up and down just fine. The ignition override shows power also but they don't work. Looking for help or suggestions on the power for the brown wire. Thank you.
Gary

Look around for the other broken end of the brown wire. Does your rig have the switch with an indicator lamp by the door? Does the indicator lamp light in either switch position? If you have switch and lamp and you get no light out of it, maybe that is where the brown wire is supposed to go. I would start peeling the wire loom open looking for the other end of the broken/cut brown wire.

Bill

Thanks for the input, found the trouble. The new control module I installed was defective. I contacted the quikee step people and they basically told me they wont replace it I have to try going through a dealer. They are not very good people to try working with. rather disappointed with quikee customer service.

Well I had my RV dealer contact Kwikee to try getting a replacement control module for the defective unit and they also had no luck getting a replacement part for the defective unit. I think I need some help with this if anyone has any ideas. My RV dealer says that they were rude and very unhelpful to them as well as my self. These ungrateful companies need to support the customer base not bash them.
Thank you to anyone that can help us out.
Gary & Patty

Just curious, where did you purchase the control module from and why won?t they discuss the warranty with you?
I haven?t had to deal with powergear personally but most OEM?s will not discuss warranty on an electrical item that was installed by the end user. They have no way of knowing if you are qualified or hooked the unit up backward and burnt it out. The failure rate on sealed units is pretty small but that is why they suggest you go through a dealer for the repair. It's probably not expensive enough but depending on the cost of the module you might send it in to them see if it can be repaired?
I do all my own repairs so I understand but with electrical items you have a bit more risk to install yourself. Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom