EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: 2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)  (Read 51350 times)

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)
« on: August 01, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »
Dates for our annual RV Forum Quartzsite rally will be January 18-26, 2014

For "much" more detailed info about the rally plus a list of those planning to attend, please visit THIS web page:

Post a note on this topic to let us know you plan to attend with names, home state, and planned arrival date. Add the arrival date later if need be. Just post your first names if you do not want your last names listed. If you do use just your first name, will post your handle as well if you prefer - but will need at least a first name.  I will then add your name/s to the list on the linked webpage.

Please, don't post until you are sure you are planning to attend. This really helps those planning the rally activities.

This is "not" a reservation list. We are on over 11,000 acres of beautiful Arizona desert. So no danger of running out of space.

Also post here if you have any questions about the rally not covered on the above linked web page. Someone will get back to you . . .

Each year more and more new RV Forum members are making the trek to Quartzsite -- we hope you too can join us in January!!!

Shortcuts to the attendee list: A quick shortcut link is all that is needed to see the latest attendee sign up list. This way, the list doesn't have to be posted over and over in this topic thread as each add, change, or delete is made.

First, go to the Info/Sign up webpage using the above link in this post, then click the link from there to the Attendee/Arrival List.

FAVORITES BAR: If you want to add that link to your Favorites Bar, just select "Add to Favorites bar" from your Favorites Menu or under the Favorites Bar icon. You can then check the list status anytime while in your browser vs. even having to be in the RVForum at the time (see attached). As we get closer to the rally dates, I will sometimes be doing adds, changes, and/or deletes several times a day - so this will always give you the latest list as I know it to be. BTW, you can right-click the FavShortCut to rename and make shorter.

To create a Win8 Start Menu Tile: Open page from the Start Screen, go to the Attendee List, click the Pin To Start button. From there, name the tile.

DESKTOP ICON SHORTCUT: To make the URL a desktop shortcut, copy the URL to your clipboard, do a right click on the desktop, select "shortcut" or "New" (or however your version reads), then follow the wizard instructions.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:36:23 PM by Bob Buchanan »
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Dean & Linda Stock

• ---
Re: 2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:42:26 AM »
Dean & Linda Stock from Cypress, CA will be arriving on Jan. 18 and staying until Jan. 26, 2014.  Thanks for organizing this.
Dean and Linda Stock
and Sherlock (the cat)
Cypress, CA
2006 Airstream Motor Home
2006 Jeep Liberty (Towed)

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »
Dean & Linda Stock from Cypress, CA will be arriving on Jan. 18

Whoooo hooooooo!  Can't believe you are coming! Great ! Whose year is it to plan?

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Dean & Linda Stock

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »
Whoooo hooooooo!  Can't believe you are coming! Great ! Whose year is it to plan?

Betty

Don't fall over....I actually suggested it.  In late January, my arthritis was flaring, so i said, "Let's go to Arizona for a month."  So, we spent the month of February there.  Would you believe it was 1 or 2 higher at home the whole time we were there, except the last two days, when it was over 90, which is way too hot?  Anyway, I discovered a couple of great birding places, but the birds were gone.  They peak in mid-January, which coincides with QZ, and Dean always wants to go there.  I can't go 4-wheeling any more because of my arthritic neck.  I do fairly well on the day I go, then pay for days afterwards--benefits vs. negatives--just isn't worth it.   I really enjoy seeing everyone and hearing where they've been and what they've been doing, so we can go birding during the day and be back for campfire at late afternoon-evening.  Best of both worlds!  Looking forward to seeing you.  I hope Wendy and Mike make it.
Dean and Linda Stock
and Sherlock (the cat)
Cypress, CA
2006 Airstream Motor Home
2006 Jeep Liberty (Towed)

Liza

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 03:10:45 PM »
Hi Bob:  Ray and I will be there.  Not sure of the dates yet.  Haven't figured it all out yet.  Will let you know later!
Liza

Chet18013

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 05:52:08 AM »
Hi All,

Laurie and I are planning to be there the 18th through the 26th, perhaps even a day or two more before and after. It's about time that we made it to Quartzsite.

Chet18013
Full time in a 45' '04 Monaco Signature
towing a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel

Biobob1950

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 08:21:17 AM »
Biobob will be there, arriving on the 18'th, I hope. Brand new to full time as of 8/2/13 and having the time of my life.

Bob Buchanan

• ---
    • RV Space Manager reservation SW <c>
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 11:36:56 AM »
Biobob will be there, arriving on the 18'th, I hope. Brand new to full time as of 8/2/13 and having the time of my life.

Glad to read that you will be attending!!

At least a first name is needed -- can I assume that is Bob? Also, it's nice to know what state attendees are coming from - or a home base state for full timers.

Thanks, and look forward to meeting you in January.
Bob (fulltimer - Rocklin, CA residency)
Current Location
My Photo Album
Business Website

Chet18013

• ---
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »
Bob,

BioBob is of dubious character<<VBG>>. He bought my old Beaver and was traveling with us for a while, before setting out on his own. We been good friends for over 20 years. I'm sure he'll fit right in with the group.

BTW, believe it or not his last name is Brown.

Chet18013
Full time in a 45' '04 Monaco Signature
towing a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 08:46:12 PM »
Bob

Sue and Jeff Cousins Surprise AZ
Arrive 1/19 Depart 1/26
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:49:14 PM by Jeff »

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »
Hello all, Margaret and I will be attending again this year. Will arrive on the 17th or 18th and departing whenever.We also have a couple of friends that are interested in comeing and will confirm later.

Henry & Margaret Wishard
                                     Full timers from Texas
Henry & Margaret Wishard
Livingston, Texas
2010 Tiffin Phaeton
2011 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Jeep Rubicon

Liza

• ---
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 03:53:56 PM »
Hey Henry:  Do you still have your high speed rear end?  Hopefully you have some catfish too!  Look forward to see you both!

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
Forget catfish, I'm hoping Henry still has a freezer full of halibut and salmon when he gets to Qtz.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2004 Winnebago Sightseer
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 08:50:29 PM »
Forget catfish, I'm hoping Henry still has a freezer full of halibut and salmon when he gets to Qtz.

Wendy

He seems to be spreading that all over Texas. We should have GPS tracking on Henry in case we get close. ;D

InVogue

• ---
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:50 AM »
What the heck, we may as well throw our hat into the QZ ring too since we will be in the AZ area. This will be our first time there also.......Im thinking that will be there on the 16th/17th and leave 26th/27th. (Dwight and Burnetta) Thanks
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Our Girls- Mollie, Cassie, Maggie and Humphrie.
All rescued Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and a mini Snau.      RIP our little Rubie....

SeilerBird

• ---
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 03:53:17 AM »
Tom Seiler aka seilerbird of Florida plans  on being at Q the 18-26th.
Tom Seiler & 3 mountain lions: Tarzan, Jane and Cleopatra
September photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/108464110929132780547/September?
My portfolio:
http://picasaweb.google.com/108464110929132780547/MyPortfolio

Henry Wishard

• ---
  • Gone Crazy*** Be Back Soon
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
  Lisa, I have lowered the speed in my rear end by buying a new Jeep Rubicon. As for as fish goes that is to be seen. Jeff has it nailed on the head, I have spread fish all over Texas
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:32:00 AM by Henry Wishard »
Henry & Margaret Wishard
Livingston, Texas
2010 Tiffin Phaeton
2011 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Jeep Rubicon

bingberg

• ---
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »
Harvey and Beth Ingberg will attend. We will be there earlier than the 18th, and stay for the entire event. 
We haven't met any of you yet and we are truly looking forward to it.

InVogue

• ---
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
Harvey and Beth Ingberg will attend. We will be there earlier than the 18th, and stay for the entire event. 
We haven't met any of you yet and we are truly looking forward to it.

Now I don't feel so bad.....I wont be the only newcomer......:-), also looking forward to meeting everyone!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
All rescued Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and a mini Snau.      RIP our little Rubie....

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »
We have newbies every year. And most of them become oldies, returning in later years. It's a fun event and we're a fun group.

Wendy

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2004 Winnebago Sightseer
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

InVogue

• ---
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »
I suppose Ill be "one leg up" since so many attending the Catalina event will also be in "Q"......it will be a Great time! :-)
96 Vogue Prima Vista

ZuniJayne

• ---
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 12:55:33 PM »
Bob, I'm hoping to make it to Q this year with my new truck camper setup.  Much will depend on selling the Fox and/or scooter for the gas money for the trip.

It would be great to have an apple fritter at the bakery with you again!  I can't believe it's the Forum's 20th.  IIRC, I joined in '95 or '96.  I'm hoping to travel a bit more and be a bit more active in the Forum.
-- Jayne and Hero
    -- Trying to sell the 2001 Arctic Fox 26X travel trailer and the 50cc Zuma scooter. Now working on a 1973 Four Winds pickup camper for my 1993 Ford F250 pickup so I can tow the 1988 Dodge Raider 4WD too!
        - Settled near Albuquerque, NM for a while..

lisabrokenstone

• ---
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 01:59:13 AM »
Hi,
I just signed up on the forum 5 minutes ago.

I was at Quartzite last year, but I got there middle of March.

I will have to get there in January this year.
That was my plan last year, but plans and I don't synchronize sometimes.
It is the perfect next stop after spending the holidays in the Verde Valley.

So please count me in!

Me and my mini-rv!

PatrioticStabilist

• ---
  • Carolyn (mom), Tom (Dad), and Sue Anne (daughter)
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and say that Sue Anne and I will be there in January.  Tom leaves to go back to Angola, Africa on the 7th so I'm thinking we may leave by the 9th.  Depending on weather we may drive further north but either going out or coming back we need to go through Houston and check on our houses down there.

So Carolyn and Sue Anne Frederick, plus Blackie the cat will be coming in sometime after January 10th, have no idea how long it will take.

We are now from Merom, Indiana, home of almost 200 people and tons of farmland!!

We hope to stay the 2 weeks then are thinking maybe of heading for Vegas after we leave.  I have 8 weeks to wander before dear old hubby gets home again.  Will give the old girl a workout!

I am looking forward to meeting so many of you I have talked to on here over the last few years.  Sounds like a great time.

Tom has been working to make sure the old girl is ready to go for us.  He is our old sweetheart.
Added 1992 American Eagle diesel pusher 38 ft

Winnie Sightseer 29 ', 2005 Class A 2 slides!  Bought 5/5/2010, Sold 1/7/2012. Added Tru Center , Trac Bar,  Air bags, Bilstein shocks Compressor for air bags, new awnings . New tires. New satellite dome, 2 flat screens
SOLD 6/17-10 Ford Aluma Lite

THE-BigLarry

• ---
  • If a Hammer won't fix it, it's an electrical issue
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »
  Lisa, I have lowered the speed in my rear end by buying a new Jeep Rubicon. As for as fish goes that is to be seen. Jeff has it nailed on the head, I have spread fish all over Texas

Henry left some of that fish in Oklahoma too, and we appreciated it a LOT. 

Larry & Loretta Dodd will be in Quartzite sometime after the Catalina hangover is gone.
Looking forward to a great time with everyone.
Larry and Loretta Dodd
2007 American Eagle 42' 500 Big Horses
2011 Jeep Rubicon  "Team LoLa"
2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
FMCA - 437566   SKP - 116205
Living Life at Full Throttle!   FULL TIME as of Aug 1, 2014.

Jeff and Anita

• ---
  • Hello from Oceanside CA!
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »
Looking forward to the Quartzsite experience. Heard a lot about it. Sounds like a lot of FUN! We are also newbies to the rally but have been rv camping for almost 20 years. Love the desert and the people we meet there. Bringing our RZR and hope to explore the area. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jeff and Anita will be attending along with our two furry Lab kids: 1/18-26. We are from Oceanside, CA. See ya'all there! ;D
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2003 4x4 Explorer
Rzr and Quads
2 furry Lab Children: Murphy and Gator

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
My first name is Bill.  I plan on attending and will hopefully be there very early.  I will probably go over to Quarztsite in the middle of December.  I have something to offer also.  I am taking my Stacker trailer which has a fully equipped workshop inside.  My thought is that some of us might like to complete a few projects or repairs that have been on the to do list.  The workshop has most every power tool and will be open and free for anyone to use.  Bring your parts, materials and ideas and have fun with your projects.  I also suspect that someone amoung the crowd will have whatever expertise and experience to help you do whatever you want.  I will be coming over from Corona, CA.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/HueyPilotVN/252.jpg

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:25:41 PM by HueyPilotVN »
40' Country Coach DP
34' Stacker Trailer
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
30 years on the road

Tourmaster

• ---
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
John and Carol are planning to attend this year. This will be our second time as we were there in 2012. We are planning to be there on the 16th or 17th and leave on the 26th.
John & Carol
2009 Winnebago Tour 40 TD

ZuniJayne

• ---
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
Bob and Gang,

Just an update - I planned on coming to the Quarzsite rally.  However, my truck decided to throw a rod coming back from Chaco Canyon.  :'(

Looks like I'll need to replace the engine, get another truck, or trade everything but the Raider in on a small class C.

I'll still try to make it - I just don't know in what conveyance.  Just when I thought it was coming together.......<sigh>
-- Jayne and Hero
    -- Trying to sell the 2001 Arctic Fox 26X travel trailer and the 50cc Zuma scooter. Now working on a 1973 Four Winds pickup camper for my 1993 Ford F250 pickup so I can tow the 1988 Dodge Raider 4WD too!
        - Settled near Albuquerque, NM for a while..

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:08 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone is already at La Posa?  I am attending Catalina starting the 23rd of this month and was considering spending a week at La Posa before the Catalina Rally.  If there are already any forum members at La Posa it would be preferable over just camping alone.
40' Country Coach DP
34' Stacker Trailer
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
30 years on the road