2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HAPPY HOUR
4 pm
Friday, Jan 17

First Official RV Forum Happy Hour

Rule #1 Wear Your Name Badge
Rule #2 Wear Your Damn Name Badge
Rule #3 No fur kids at food functions

See you tomorrow !

Our badges are already out for happy hour on Friday.  We're in Anza Borrego and expect to arrive at Q tomorrow.

ArdraF

Ok, the female staff members have colluded and come up with an idea for Friday, Jan 24th.  We are going to have an "Open House RV" event.  I don't think we've done this before out here in the West; but the East Coast rally folks have.  Lots of people like to see what others have done to their coaches, gather ideas, ask how it was done etc. etc; and let's face it, sometimes we just want to see what it looks like.  Here is your opportunity.

So if you would like to "open" your coach so others can see what you've done (new floor, new carpet, new fridge, new window treatments and the list goes on); or you just plain want to share your abode, let me know.  Betty is excited because she can share her new inverter!!!

Marsha~

Marsha~

Oh I REALLY want to see Betty's new inverter!  I'm sure it will be the hit of the day.  ;D

ArdraF

Anyone bringing their golf clubs to continue the QZ Open with maybe a round iN Blythe?

Tom and Margi said:
Sorry to hear you won't be attending, Bob.  Hope it's not a serious condition keeping you from your favorite campfire.  We hung up our keys a few years ago, so hope you haven't reached that crossroad.  If so, it was a heck of a ride, wasn't it?  ;)

Thank you, Margie for your words of concern. Yes, we have been around this campfire many times together and it "is" my favorite. And thank you to others for their concerns - and to Betty, Richard, and all of you that have let me know of arrivals. Margie, I too am feeling those pangs these past few days about the fun of arrivals. The best part for me has been welcoming especially the new folks over the years.

Anyway, I try to think of captions for the pic I have posted here - and my favorite so far is, "You should see the other guy" . . .  :) So yes, in addition to stuff with my business holding me back, I have also had a bout w/a skin tumor. Was shocked on an annual dermatologist exam to be even asked about the small spot of my nose. Anyway, it was biopsied and found to be a bad guy. Kaiser has adopted a special type of surgery for facial stuff so one doesn't look especially weird when it's over that involves plastic surgery. So there was a lot more than just the removal of the tumor.

Am on the mend now and am amazed at how little one can tell what has happened - tho there is numbness and follow up exams and such. They are working on final swelling and the numbness. Am hoping to talk w/my surgeon tomorrow or Monday to see when I might be OK to go.

Have been especially busy so haven't been able to interact with you all as much as would like - but for sure, thank you again for keeping me posted of what is to me one of the best parts of this rally. The coming together of so many of the framily from all parts of the country to meet in the desert, build a fire - and do what RVers love the most.

Will keep you posted - and "enjoy our fire ring that Susan reports is still in place" . . .  :)

Attachments

• Yikes.JPG
    Yikes.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 54
Bob - OUCH ! Hope this heals up quick ! Folks are arriving but there's really no 'official' greeter and parking director so folks are parked all over the place. And Yes the fire ring is right where we moved it to a couple of years ago when other folks took over OUR spot. However, there are fewer rocks so hopefully some us will transport a few rocks from the ones in the area.

Get well, take care of yourself. Mom sends a hug and so do I.

Wendy

Owie, owie, Bob.  I can sympathize having had two squamous cell tumors removed already.  They were on hand and arm, so not uncomfortable as yours must be.  Each time I go to the dermatologist I dread having him find one on my nose.  I remember how blistered it used to be every summer.  Glad my Mom insisted on the ugly white zinc oxide she "painted" us with.  :)  Quartzsite will hardly be the same without you.  I'll bet the bakery misses you!  ;D

We always have our clubs with us, but the Quartzsite course is a lot more fun for duffers.  Seven iron from the flea market and a six pack of beer.......

Doug and Sheryl

Arriving late tomorrow.  Planning Sunday at the Bluegrass Festival in Blythe if anyone wishes to join us.

Doug and Sheryl

The Desert Bar trip has been changed to Sat. The new leaving time is 10:30 am since they do not open until 12:00 noon.

I did  not step out of our motorhome much today as I  am under the weather but I did see some folks arrive today.  Jim Logan and Clair, Jerry and  Ardra, Ray and Liza, Larry and  Mary Ann and maybe more!  I really really missed Happy hour as I could hear the  cackling and laughing.  I'm hoping someone got photos of Bill Dane's Big Birthday Event.  I am so sorry to miss that momentous occasion. 

CashedOut said:
We always have our clubs with us, but the Quartzsite course is a lot more fun for duffers.  Seven iron from the flea market and a six pack of beer.......

Quartzite is good for me.  I can suck on just about any course. . . .

Bob, Sandie and Bill showed up and I noticed Bill Dane is not marked as arrived. He has been here  several  days.

Back
Top Bottom