2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another day of coming and going!  Chris and Mimi left early  due to illness and made it to Bakersfield by 3.  Russ made it back to Surprise.  Jeff and Anita  packed up but they will be back next year. Sadly he took the very neat fire ring too as it was his.
Rolf and Shirley arrived, Tim and  Marsha arrived and  Ardra had a call from Carolyn ( PatriotStablist) that she and Sueann have arrived and are at an RVPark in Quartzsite.

Happy Hour Results of toilet Paper test  are under a new topic  in General Discussion.

Thursday Schedule
10 am walk  carry your trash to dumpsters
11am Open House 8 different rigs
2-4 pm Refrigerator Seminar.
4 pm  Happy Hour

Sorry to hear the Pennings had to leave due to illness.

Dean and Linda Stock also left so she could get back for jury duty.

This morning we had 31 rigs present. 4 more had already come and gone. Today 6 left, 3 new coaches arrived and Brian returned from the home of the AFC championship Denver Broncos.

We are having FUN !

Wendy

As Betty says....the Lassens are here and learned a quick lesson tonight about the Keurig coffee maker.  We forgot that the generator wasn't on and turned on the coffeemaker....down went the batteries.  It seems to work better with generator running.... 8)

Marsha~

SCHEDULE

DAILY
10 am Morning walk 1 or 2 miles, start at fire ring
4 pm Happy Hour at Fire Ring
Nightly campfire, light it if you want it

THURSDAY
11 am Open House, start at Tim and Marsha's (Allegro across from Fire ring)
2-4 pm Refrigerator seminar. firering

FRIDAY
9:30 am The Ridge 4-wheel-drive departure

SATURDAY
noon Please bring tables to fire ring
1:30 pm gather for group picture
2 pm Potluck, please label items containing garlic, wheat, and raw onion

Betty Brewer said:
Another day of coming and going!  Chris and Mimi left early  due to illness and made it to Bakersfield by 3.  Russ made it back to Surprise.  Jeff and Anita  packed up but they will be back next year. Sadly he took the very neat fire ring too as it was his.
Rolf and Shirley arrived, Tim and  Marsha arrived and  Ardra had a call from Carolyn ( PatriotStablist) that she and Sueann have arrived and are at an RVPark in Quartzsite.

Happy Hour Results of toilet Paper test  are under a new topic  in General Discussion.

Thursday Schedule
10 am walk  carry your trash to dumpsters
11am Open House 8 different rigs
2-4 pm Refrigerator Seminar.
4 pm  Happy Hour

Had a fun time meeting everyone. Hope to see ya'all at another rally soon.

Anita and Fire Barrel Jeff

We have a question for someone that when through the big tent. Somewhere in the middle of the tent, there was a woman selling an all purpose cleaner. She was cleaning carpets, crayons off of mirrors, adding it to waste tanks, using it for replacing Windex, washing RV exteriors. It might have been a cake topping, too. ;D

It was pink colored and came in a bottle that would allow premeasuring an ounce and in jars of pink paste of varying size. It was also pretty expensive.

Does anyone remember the name of it? I am looking for it on line.

Thanks. Sorry we're missed the toilet paper comparison and the open house. We would have participated. Have fun for the rest of the week.

Michael and Ellen.

Michael and Ellen
The product you are asking about is Quick n Brite  www.quicknbrite.com. It does work very well on spots on carpet.

John

Tourmaster said:
Michael and Ellen
The product you are asking about is Quick n Brite  www.quicknbrite.com. It does work very well on spots on carpet.

John

Is that the one that had a container where you could sqeeze an ounce and pour it out? It doesn't show on their web site. Was the liquid pink in color?

Thanks for the response, by the way. Where will you go after Quartzsite?

Another fun Happy Hour.  Thanks were given to Jeff for helping to arrange an informative seminar during our afternoon. The topic was Absorption Refrigerators , how they work  and how to protect  them from failures.  I will do a summary of the seminar in the Tech section.  Paul Unmack was the  presenter and while his information does not apply to me (as we have a residential refrigerator in our rig now,) The information was well presented, understandable and quite enjoyable. He offers a product  to make RV refrigerators safer.

Further Information can be found on his website

https://sites.google.com/site/arprvsafer/home

Attachments

• IMG_8442.JPG
    IMG_8442.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8445.JPG
    IMG_8445.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 52
mrschwarz said:
Is that the one that had a container where you could sqeeze an ounce and pour it out? It doesn't show on their web site. Was the liquid pink in color?

Thanks for the response, by the way. Where will you go after Quartzsite?

Michael.....That is the one. We bought it from the same lady two years ago here at the show. We like it very much, as it does everything she states.

Thank you, Jeff, for arranging Paul's seminar.  Even though we had spent quite a bit of time at Paul and Mao's booth at the Indio FMCA - and bought the controller - the seminar was even more informative.  After 35 years of using them in our various motorhomes I feel like I finally understand how absorption refrigerators work!  This was a very informative seminar.

ArdraF

Several people asked where I purchased my LED Light strips. The slight strips were purchased from HitLights at http://www.hitlights.com. The model number for the Warm White LED light strips that I installed in our motor home is SMD5050-60LED/M. If you order the connectors, be sure to specify that the connectors are for the light strips which have four contacts for the connections. The connector which they sent me, in spite of the fact that they were listed for the SMD5050-60LED/M were for the light strips which have two contacts and would not work on my strips. I just soldered the connecting wires to the light strips.

Thanks to all who stopped by during the "open house" to take a look at my LED installations and other modifications to our motor home. Tomorrow the motor home will be one year old and the warranty expires. Doesn't seem possible that we have had this motor home for a whole year, although it has just a few miles less that 12,000 on it already.

Richard

Today was a beautiful day for the 2014 RV Forum Quartzsite Open at the Blythe Golf Club. Ron, Larry, and Doug and I had loads of fun on a beautiful day with temps in the 70s.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 51
Ron I told everyone how much you liked going over the hill on 18 at Parker. ;D 

Wish you were here.

Was awaken about 4:00 am to the sound of rain drops on the roof, sounded like it might be a Quartzsite 5 or 6 incher.  First light looks as though we experienced a Q 6" rain.  Rats, now will need to clean the solar panels  Oh , for you not familiar with a Q 6" rain, that can mean that there were 6" between rain drops.  Time to venture on to the roof!

Bill Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

and you were in a hurry to go where???!

i remember lines at post office and laundry that first year when we stayed 3 weeks. out of practice now

Back
Top Bottom