2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also woke up when the pitter patter of raindrops. All I could think of was last year's potluck when it rained, and the raindrops were a lot closer than 6" ! Fortunately, Sue C quickly organized folks to put out their awnings and we got the food and the people under cover and had another great Qtz potluck. Happy to say that last night's rain was one of Bill's 6" rains. Weather looking good for the potluck.

Alright, all you attendees at Quartzsite, I need a big favour.  Although she likely won't admit it, today is Barb's birthday.  So, you will all have to sing Happy Birthday to her from Donna and me.
    Thanks all of you, wishing we were there.

Ed

Too late Ed, it's already been done. Did you think we would forget ? Besides, today is the day that Barb becomes a year older than I am :)

Great shot, great group.

BTW, Mom said to say Hi to those who know her from her and Dad's Quartzsite visits. Sorry, I couldn't do it without starting to get weepy. So, Hi from Dixie.

Hugs to all. See you next year.
Wendy

Thanks to Frank and Barb for helping me replace the Flags on Q Mountain.  I had a USA flag and Frank supplied the MIA Flag. We had a proper disposal of the old tattered USA flag tonight with the Pledge of Allegiance from the group.

Attachments

• Q Mountain 010.JPG
    Q Mountain 010.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Q Mountain 008.JPG
    Q Mountain 008.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 51
What a nice end to our Quartzsite rally!  Thank you Henry and Frank.  I noticed in the photo posted on the day of the hike up Q hill that the flag there looked a bit tattered but never thought more about it.  Sorry I missed the ceremony.

ArdraF

Henry & Frank,

Good job! I only wish more people would monitor the condition of their flags and replace when necessary!

Thanks Ed, and everyone for the b'day wishes. I got a happy birthday song yesterday morning from the group waiting to leave on the Indian Art tour.

I bought myself a new pair of sandals that I can wear with my compression stockings. We went to visit friends, and I rode up the Q mountain with Henry and Frank to replace the flags. Other than than that, I had a wonderful do nothing day. If was great.

Off today to make more memorable memories with forum framily to the Bar in the desert.  Good times, and a perfect ending to another Q rally.

We said the Pledge of Allegiance at sunset, and lowered Old Glory onto the last campfire of 2014.
Thank you to all our veterans for their service.

Attachments

• Q Flag Ceremony.jpg
    Q Flag Ceremony.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 49
    Here is the final attendee list - hope I have gotten everyone listed properly. And thank you again to all of you that took the time to let me know who came, went, and arrived. The final number listed is 36. We only had 7 no-shows this year. I hope they can attend next year. And I hope I can attend next year . . .  :)

http://rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite14.htm#ATTENDEELIST

My brother, Jim Stough, arrived on Wednesday the 22nd, and Lou Schneider arrived on Saturday in time for the potluck.

Paul

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barb from Ned and I.  Glad it was great do nothing day other than doing the flags with Frank and Henry

Paul & Ann said:
My brother, Jim Stough, arrived on Wednesday the 22nd, and Lou Schneider arrived on Saturday in time for the potluck.

Paul

Thanks, Paul -- missed seeing your family this year. Tell them I said Hello and hope to see them next year.

Barb, Donna and I will always cherish the trip to Lake Havasu when the rain overflowed the roads on the way back, but the meal overlooking London Bridge and the company was priceless.  If I remember correctly, that wasn't on your birthday, but was a day before or after.  May you have many more.

Ed & Donna

I will never forget Donna walking through the rain on the London Bridge  to get a picture of the plaque. Very memorable memories do we make. More memories made today with a trip to the Nelie E Bar for a burger and beer.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. Another successful forum rally has ended, with great time had by all.

Carolyn and Sue Ann, we think you left your red folding chairs here at the fire ring.  Lots of us have pulled out, so we are hoping you can come by and pick them up so you don't loose them.

Marsha~

We had a great time again this year and wish to thank all!

The link below is the picture taken before the potluck by Ray.  It will take you to Drop  Box and you can down load it from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24745846/Quartzsite%202014.JPG

Guess we forgot to let you know we arrived. We got in last Sunday and were here for the entire rally. Good times, especially the jeep trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom