2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose Ill be "one leg up" since so many attending the Catalina event will also be in "Q"......it will be a Great time! :)

Bob, I'm hoping to make it to Q this year with my new truck camper setup.  Much will depend on selling the Fox and/or scooter for the gas money for the trip.

It would be great to have an apple fritter at the bakery with you again!  I can't believe it's the Forum's 20th.  IIRC, I joined in '95 or '96.  I'm hoping to travel a bit more and be a bit more active in the Forum.

Hi,
I just signed up on the forum 5 minutes ago.

I was at Quartzite last year, but I got there middle of March.

I will have to get there in January this year.
That was my plan last year, but plans and I don't synchronize sometimes.
It is the perfect next stop after spending the holidays in the Verde Valley.

So please count me in!

Me and my mini-rv!

I'm going to go ahead and say that Sue Anne and I will be there in January.  Tom leaves to go back to Angola, Africa on the 7th so I'm thinking we may leave by the 9th.  Depending on weather we may drive further north but either going out or coming back we need to go through Houston and check on our houses down there.

So Carolyn and Sue Anne Frederick, plus Blackie the cat will be coming in sometime after January 10th, have no idea how long it will take.

We are now from Merom, Indiana, home of almost 200 people and tons of farmland!!

We hope to stay the 2 weeks then are thinking maybe of heading for Vegas after we leave.  I have 8 weeks to wander before dear old hubby gets home again.  Will give the old girl a workout!

I am looking forward to meeting so many of you I have talked to on here over the last few years.  Sounds like a great time.

Tom has been working to make sure the old girl is ready to go for us.  He is our old sweetheart.

Henry Wishard said:
  Lisa, I have lowered the speed in my rear end by buying a new Jeep Rubicon. As for as fish goes that is to be seen. Jeff has it nailed on the head, I have spread fish all over Texas

Henry left some of that fish in Oklahoma too, and we appreciated it a LOT. 

Larry & Loretta Dodd will be in Quartzite sometime after the Catalina hangover is gone.
Looking forward to a great time with everyone.

Looking forward to the Quartzsite experience. Heard a lot about it. Sounds like a lot of FUN! We are also newbies to the rally but have been rv camping for almost 20 years. Love the desert and the people we meet there. Bringing our RZR and hope to explore the area. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jeff and Anita will be attending along with our two furry Lab kids: 1/18-26. We are from Oceanside, CA. See ya'all there! ;D

My first name is Bill.  I plan on attending and will hopefully be there very early.  I will probably go over to Quarztsite in the middle of December.  I have something to offer also.  I am taking my Stacker trailer which has a fully equipped workshop inside.  My thought is that some of us might like to complete a few projects or repairs that have been on the to do list.  The workshop has most every power tool and will be open and free for anyone to use.  Bring your parts, materials and ideas and have fun with your projects.  I also suspect that someone amoung the crowd will have whatever expertise and experience to help you do whatever you want.  I will be coming over from Corona, CA.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/HueyPilotVN/252.jpg

John and Carol are planning to attend this year. This will be our second time as we were there in 2012. We are planning to be there on the 16th or 17th and leave on the 26th.

Bob and Gang,

Just an update - I planned on coming to the Quarzsite rally.  However, my truck decided to throw a rod coming back from Chaco Canyon.  :'(

Looks like I'll need to replace the engine, get another truck, or trade everything but the Raider in on a small class C.

I'll still try to make it - I just don't know in what conveyance.  Just when I thought it was coming together.......<sigh>

I was just wondering if anyone is already at La Posa?  I am attending Catalina starting the 23rd of this month and was considering spending a week at La Posa before the Catalina Rally.  If there are already any forum members at La Posa it would be preferable over just camping alone.

Tim and I along, with "Charlie", will be coming to Quartzsite, arriving Jan 22nd.  We were hoping to go to the FMCA Rally in Indio this year, but it looks like it isn't going to work out.

Hope everyone is staying warm.  It was 17 degrees here in Kernville this morning and going to be like that for the next several days.

Marsha~

Eric and Ginny LaJuene.
We plan to be there from 1/2/14 to 1/29/14.
This is our first RVforum rally and our first time at Q.

Question... You mentioned paying for extra weeks. Do they allow you to stay in one spot for 4 weeks for $80? I thought there was a 14 day limit or is that just for the free areas?

Thanks! We're very excited about our first Q visit and we're looking forward to meeting you all!

Eric

Ginny & Eric - Full Time 4/14/12 - Our Blog "Walk About With Wheels"
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club

lajuene said:
Question... You mentioned paying for extra weeks. Do they allow you to stay in one spot for 4 weeks for $80? I thought there was a 14 day limit or is that just for the free areas?

Once you find a spot to park you have that spot until you move, leave, or extend. You will get a sticker on your RV windshield and on your tow vehicle. Spots are not marked off as such -- it's all open desert.

Yes, the free areas are for two weeks only - though that is not strictly enforced from my experience over the past 13 years. I will usually stay in one of the free areas closer to town, then move out to our site location a few days before the rally begins. Some come early, some stay after the rally. Good times by all either way.

Let us know if you have any more questions. Am glad to read that you will be attending. We will have a number of first time QZ folks again this year.  :)

Sandie and Bill from northern Michigan will be there.  Should arrive 17th or 18th and stay at least a week. We met up with Henry and Margaret last winter in TX on our maidan voyage getting out of our snowy winters.  They told us about this and it sure sounds like a great time. Looking forward to it.

Bob, can't you get a "season" pass for Quartzsite that costs something like $140.00 which is good from September to April or some such; or have they done away with that option.

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
Bob, can't you get a "season" pass for Quartzsite that costs something like $140.00 which is good from September to April or some such; or have they done away with that option.

Marsha~

Yes, Marsha, you can if staying the full season or as long it's more feasible than extended 2 week stays. Eric and Ginny will only be there from the 2nd to the 29th, so one extension would be all they would need if they come directly to our site vs. hanging out in one of the free areas until our rally begin date. Last year quite a few came prior to the start date.

There should be a link to BLM pricing on the list of attendees page. Fortunately, they seem to be holding their pricing from last year.

www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/recreation/camping/LTVA/laposa.html

Note: The sign up page will be down for a few hours.  My server seems to be having a bad day . . .

With the two most recent sign ups we now have 17 on the list.

----------------------------------------

12/11, 7:30PM -- All is OK now:

http://rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite14.htm#ATTENDEELIST

Just a quick up-date, we will be arriving on 17th or 18th not the 16th and we're coming from Calif. Now, as long as I can follow those directions, being my first time to "Q", I'll make it sooner or later to the designated location....LOL  ;D

It looks like Jerry and Ardra FitzGerald haven't signed up yet.  We plan to attend from Jan. 18-26 and will be arriving from Borrego Springs in California.

We've been coming to Quartzsite for many years, even before we first met the RV Forum folk at the 1997 Centermost rally in Estes Park, Colorado.  Our first time may have been 1994, or at least in that time period, and we stayed at campgrounds in town.  I can remember wondering why anyone would want to camp out in the desert with no hookups.  Then we met the RV Forum and found our Quartzsite "home" at La Posa Section 541.  See you all soon!

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom