2014 RVFORUM QUARTZSITE RALLY (info/signup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sue Klinefelter and Bob Konradi will be at the Forum site from Sunday Jan 12th- Thursday Jan 16th. We will miss the actual rally as we have a new baby in the family that will be visiting us. Hope to see a few of you early birds. Susan

suezek said:
Sue Klinefelter and Bob Konradi will be at the Forum site from Sunday Jan 12th- Thursday Jan 16th. We will miss the actual rally as we have a new baby in the family that will be visiting us. Hope to see a few of you early birds. Susan

We'll try to visit you today to make sure we have the right spot in our GPS.
33.6339166, -114.2264333  is what I have. Sound right?

We'll be on Plamosa Road until the show starts. If it's not too crowded we'll move to the RVforum area then or we may just do day visits with our toad if there's no room

We got anxious and have arrived at the rally site. About 1:00 PM today. We will keep the light on.

Unfortunately, it appears I won't be attending this year - or, if I am able, would be there later during the rally.

However, I will continue posting the attendee signups - plus will note when folks arrive.

Please post here when you do arrive at the rally site itself. Also, if you notice an arrival, please post as they may not be watching the list.

If you haven't got the attendee list marked, it is here:

http://rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite14.htm#ATTENDEELIST

Notice I have marked TOURMASTER in red as ARRIVED.

We have been here a week.  I moved north to the area just south across the small wash from the big tent.  We are camped next to a group called the Ding Bats.  It is just a very short walk to the Big Tent.  I will probably stay set up here and do daily visits to the Forum parking site by car.  This is a great place to park when the crowds get here.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/HueyPilotVN/01132014.jpg

We are at the forum site now and reporting that the site is still here, yes indeed nothing has changed in the desert. The pit is intact and ready for happy hour. We have had very nice visits today from Huey Pilot and Ginny and Eric LaJuene. So far the town is quiet enough for the locals to be venturing about, singing karaoke at the Yacht Club. Weather is perfect, sunny and not dusty. Should be a good rally.

Bob Buchanan said:
Unfortunately, it appears I won't be attending this year - or, if I am able, would be there later during the rally.

Sorry to hear that you may not be attending the rally this year. It's not going to be the same without you.

I just discovered that we have not signed up. Please add Sharp, Richard & Linda (NY) 1/17
R

Sorry to hear you won't be attending, Bob.  Hope it's not a serious condition keeping you from your favorite campfire.  We hung up our keys a few years ago, so hope you haven't reached that crossroad.  If so, it was a heck of a ride, wasn't it?  ;)

Bob - Bummer. Hope whatever is wrong works out and you get to Qtz even if it's after the rally.

Marsha and Tim (& Charlie) are now in Palm Desert and will be coming to the Rally on Wed, the 22nd.  Should we remind people to bring a couple of bundles of wood so that we have enough for campfires every night?

Marsha~

There is a place in Yuma that gives away free pallets of wood.  The Ding Bats group here took a Uhaul trailer down last month and brought up three large pallets for the campfire.  One of the guys also got a pickup load the other day when he went to Yuma for another reason.  I think they gave the forklift operator 5 dollars. 

Jeff said:
Absorption Gas Refrigeration Seminar
Thursday January 23rd, 2014
2:00-4:00 PM
RV Forum Rally Site

On Thursday afternoon Mr Paul Unmack of ARP (Absorption Refrigeration Protection) will be on hand to discuss the principals of how gas absorption refrigerators work and the problems they can create. He is the inventor of the patented ARP control system that has been discussed extensively here on the Forum as well as other RV venues. Those of us who have had a chance to discuss his experiences with this issue are fascinated and impressed with his knowledge of the system

Paul asked that we allow plenty of time for Q&A so that everyone can have as much time as you need to understand the topic.

The meeting will be at the RV Forum campfire as well as nearby coaches with gas absorption refrigerators to offer hands on examples. It is open to attendees, other Forum members in the area, as well as anyone you might know with an interest.

SEE YOU SOON!

I am getting the ARP control system installed next Wednesday morning.  The day before the seminar.  I met with Paul today and it seems like an inexpensive insurance policy against the refer catching fire due to high boiler temperatures.  His system has a temp probe in the flue and shuts down the heat if the temp is too high and then restarts after a waiting period if the temp is below the limit.

I'm staying in Lake Havasu City and was wondering if I would need a special pass for the ranger gate to drive down via car and visit for one of the group get-togethers?

-Eric

We've had people drive in for the day in the past and it hasn't been a problem.  If the ranger asks (they probably won't) just say you're visiting friends.

The only place they're picky about passes is across the highway.  That's where the water and dump stations are located and they've had problems with freeloaders.

We asked about driving in without an RV and the hosts said the LTVA is free for day use. The fee is for overnighting. They said many people who are camped farther away will drive into the LTVA closest to the Big Tent and park there for the day. It's ok with the staff and is allowed. Also, if you have a jeep or similar vehicle, you can drive down the Wash and park 50 yards from the Big Tent. I asked someone who was setting things up for the Tent and he said about 300 vehicles will do that every day. It's allowed. There is also a driveway out of the wash right into the Tent parking area. Parking is free he said. The roads get clogged with traffic and driving to the Tent by way of the Wash bypasses all that traffic. You do need 4X4 though because the wash is sand and small gravel and is soft in spots so a 2 wheel drive vehicle would probably get stuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom