Thru the Wall Coax Connector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

I need some help finding a thru the wall coax connector for attaching my portable dish directly to the back of my satellite receiver. I have looked at Amazon and PPL Motorhomes, but I have not found exactly what I am looking for. I want a plate with connector for the outside, the same for the inside, and probably a coax pigtail connecting those two together inside the wall. The exterior connector and the interior connector will  ideally be back-to-back to each other. I know the foam insulation in the wall will complicate things, so a kit that includes everything would be the best solution.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

Two standard bulkhead connectors (Through wall) one weather resistant (Outdoor type) the other aa standard indoor wall plate.

Short coax jumper between them.

You can get them from Lowes, Home Depot, Radio Shack and others.
Probably Walmart or Kmart

I would suggest the outdoor connecter shown here. The rubber cover on the one shown from PPL tends to deteriorate quickly. As Jim mentioned, the indoor plate can be bought at any Lowes/Home Depot.
Good luck
Bob

You may find the connecting coax and connectors are too long to fit exactly back to back inside the wall.  If so, just drill a second hole immediately adjacent to the first and dig out any foam between them.  Then zig-zag the coax from one hole to the other.

Drill the second hole from inside the rig, stopping before you penetrate the outside wall.  The unused hole will be covered by the face plate and this way you only have one hole through the outside skin.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom