EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Door Replacement Question  (Read 1002 times)

AmeDeBoheme

Door Replacement Question
« on: August 04, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Hey gang!

My partner and I are doing some re-design to our 1984 Pace Arrow. We are about to take off on a full time RV lifestyle and on top of being super artsy-fartsy to begin with, want some unique and "real home" feeling elements in our re-design.

My question is: I know it is not common, and you may not chose it aesthetically but assuming it could be altered to size and sealed well, is there any reason why a "real" domestic type antique door could not work as a replacement for the side entry door of our MH?

Before going down the road of figuring out and designing around the idea, I thought I should ask some folks who may know a bit more than us.

Thanks for any ideas/input/help you may have

namaste!

RedT

• ---
Re: Door Replacement Question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
You asked if the door can be replaced.....  it has been done before!   :)
RedT, US Air Force Retired
2004 Itasca Meridian
2003 Jeep Liberty
M&G Brake System, VMSpc
Pressure Pro TPMS

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
Just about anything can be done if you have the time & skills (or the money to pay somebody else) to do it.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

jagnweiner

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 08:47:16 PM »
The biggest problem is that a residential door is designed to be in a stationary environment, not a moving, flexing environment.  A normal wood framed residential door is installed with shims and nailed into the wood frame of the house. That won't work in a normal RV wall.

If you really want that look, I would use a faux painting technique on the existing door. Still plenty of outlet for your creativity.
-Scott
2000 Itasca Horizon 36LD

Hosted by Over The Network