Door Replacement Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

AmeDeBoheme

Hey gang!

My partner and I are doing some re-design to our 1984 Pace Arrow. We are about to take off on a full time RV lifestyle and on top of being super artsy-fartsy to begin with, want some unique and "real home" feeling elements in our re-design.

My question is: I know it is not common, and you may not chose it aesthetically but assuming it could be altered to size and sealed well, is there any reason why a "real" domestic type antique door could not work as a replacement for the side entry door of our MH?

Before going down the road of figuring out and designing around the idea, I thought I should ask some folks who may know a bit more than us.

Thanks for any ideas/input/help you may have

namaste!

You asked if the door can be replaced.....  it has been done before!  :)

Attachments

• Johnson_5.jpg
    Johnson_5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 48
The biggest problem is that a residential door is designed to be in a stationary environment, not a moving, flexing environment.  A normal wood framed residential door is installed with shims and nailed into the wood frame of the house. That won't work in a normal RV wall.

If you really want that look, I would use a faux painting technique on the existing door. Still plenty of outlet for your creativity.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom