refrigerator question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frosty06

Hi, we just purchased a 1996 30'Terry. We have a seasonal site, so the fridge is always on. Inside, the cooling fins are wet and drip condensation all over. Is this normal?

Yup...
Mine has a little tray that I have to empty occasionally
Art

Nope...
Either you have a leak around the seal of the fridge or you're putting warm or hot stuff into it and the condensation is collecting on the cooling fins. Do the dollar-bill thingy to check for door leaks, and make sure you let things cool to room temp before putting it in. Also, drink less beer to keep the door closed longer. ;D

A third option is that the door is constantly being opened so you can grab a "Cold one" during hot and humid weather (NOTE Cold one can be a cold bottle of wate, Diet Faygo (cola) etc.r)

Thanks everyone!! I will try the dollar bill test and try to leave all "cold" ones in the cooler!!!

Some condensation is normal however, and will not hurt your refigerator. Many fridges, mine for example :D have a tray with a drain tube, which you will find the end of that drain underneith the cover outside your trailer. 2 cents :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom