EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Shopping for RV...Great options but where is the gas oven? Cooking alternatives?  (Read 12651 times)

bucks2

Ardra, I actually do at least half the cooking in our 6 month MH journeys each year. I find that cooking for only two people is not all that difficult with only a micro/convection oven. I guess maybe we don't have quite as fancy meals as some do. Generally if we're having a casserole it would be a single dish meal or maybe we'd cook some vegetable which can easily be done on the stove top.

Yes I do understand that when I cook a roast in the "only" oven, I can't bake the biscuits at the same time. I have to let the roast sit for 12 minutes while the biscuits cook. But then people got by for literally thousands of years without two ovens, much less a microwave to cook it faster.

How did Mom ever cook for us three boys and Dad with only one oven? Wish I could ask her......  :-[

Ken

ArdraF

• ---
Last night I prepared a three-ingredient dinner.  One item in a pouch was on the stovetop thawing and warming.  One item was in the microwave cooking.  And one item was baking in the oven.  All to be served hot at the same time!  Alhough at home, I've done it the same way in the motorhome and used all three cooking methods simultaneously.  It certainly wasn't fancy, but we all cook differently and some us need and use our propane ovens.  I've tried some of our meals in just the microwave/convection oven and something is never hot.  Shall we agree to disagree?!?

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
I am new to cooking and I am very content using my outdoor bbq grill for the main dish. It is a huge plus for me to be able to cook outdoors and not stink up the interior of the RV. But so far no one has mentioned my very favorite cooking method. When i want a pizza I pickup the phone and have one delivered. It amazes me that it is possible to get a piping hot pizza delivered to my door in the middle of a National
forest.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
Grand Canyon photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Eric12970

I have used a small gas grill by Holland Grill called "The Companion". It is very portable and works with the small camp LP bottle but can be adapted to work with a larger tank. It looks like a grill, but works like an oven for baking or smoking. They are very well made and versitile. The only drawback is that it should be used outdoors only. I cook most of our meals on ours when we rv.

Steve N Dee

• ---
I think the whole point of the matter is this.  To some, the 3 extra drawers you can set by not having a gas oven is paramount.  To others, like me and Ardra, the gas oven is far more important than anything I could need 3 extra drawers for.  Again, just a difference of taste in floorplans and amenities.  Nobody is right or wrong, just different.  :)

Steve
Steve & Dee - Racing towards retirement
Fritz & DJ, (the boys)
2005 Winnebago Journey 34H Diesel Pusher
2013 Ford Edge SEL AWD Toad
Burbank, CA

On time.....is when we get there

bucks2

I'm good with that Ardra. Life would be boring if we all liked exactly the same things.

Ken

Hosted by Over The Network