Winnebago steel box in front end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madhouse4ever

Our 2008 Destination is in for renovation. Having carpet and vinyl removed to install Duraceramic tile. Company has called and said that Winnie uses a steel box in front end cab and say we should probably leave carpet there. What they could do would result in a slight transition and there are concerns about the slide. The total difference in height is at 3/16" once the luan goes on top of the steel. With the carpet in place we were unaware there was any difference. Anybody ever encountered this before and if so what did you do? We really wanted the tile from dash to back.  :-\

My transition is more than a 1/4 inch and the box was installed out of level so there is more at one side than at the other. I used a brass colored transition strip per the wife's instruction and now we never notice it. The allure runs all the way thru.

If I had it to do over I would probably keep carpet on the metal just for sound and insulation reasons. They quality of welds in that area leave alot to be desired and carpet covers a lot of irregularities.

the floor is indeed steel- the reason the company wants carpet there, is Winnebago used a tough adhesive that is super gooey and almost impossible to remove.
But I perfected a way to remove it to install hard surface.

Thanks for the input. We decided to go with some kind of transition strip, preferably with some very small lights in it, not rope lighting, just a  couple of accent or night lights. They are going to try to come up with something. Ernie, we had every intention of swinging by to see you this winter but decided to just have it all done at once. Hopefully no regrets. Will keep you posted on progress and what kind of transition they come up with. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom