Tom Seiler (Seilerbird) in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SueWelsch

Hi, this is Tom's sister writing. He called my other sister with information that he is in the hospital with an aneurism. I just tried to call and they will not let me talk to him.  He is in Gainesville University Hospital in room 69.  He needs someone to feed his cats.  Unfortunately, I do not even know which RV park he is in, so have been calling some of them.  He is in site E11. He told my sister where the key is so his cats can be fed.  He mentioned someone named Will who can feed the cats and I see someone named Will in one of the recent messages.  Please contact me.  My name is Sue Welsch and my phone number is 775-831-1600.

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. Please pass along our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Hopefully Will and Jane will see your message (I'll drop them a note).

Edit: Typo.

Sue, I sent Will a PM, he should see it as he is quite active on the forum, but was on earlier than you posted.  Unfortunately, we are not near our Florida winter home, we are actually visiting kids in Ottawa, so we can't help feed the cats, but I'm sure there are a few who are close by and will help out.
    Give Tom our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ed

All, I found which RV park he is in. It is called the Floridian in St. Cloud.  I talked to the manager there and she will try to feed the cats, but was a bit unsure about where the key was when I explained it to her, so a back-up would be good.  I hope to hear from Will or somebody who is near enough to go feed the cats.  I called the hospital and they will not let me talk to him.  They asked if I was the healthcare surrogate.  I explained that he had no parents, wife, or kids, and that I was his oldest sister, so they seemed to accept that, which means that I should be getting information from them, but have not gotten any yet. He also has another sister and a brother and lots of nieces and nephews. I am in contact with all the relatives.

Sue,

I just got off the phone with Will, he is on the way over to take care of the cats. He does not know where a key is but will look or figure out a way in. I'm sure he will post on here as soon as he is back. You might want to leave him a number to call you.

Steve

Steve-

Her number is a few posts up.  Perhaps you can pass it on to Will if he hasn't got it already.

Seems to me that the 3 cats probably should be temporarily placed in a safe place; a home or a cat kennel. Pretty hot near Orlando.

I really appreciate the calls that I got from Steve and Will.  I am also wondering about what should be done with the cats temporarily.  I am hoping that the hospital lets me talk to Tom soon and I can get some other information that I need. I have his insurance information, but do not know his bank account number. I wish he had given me more information. This should be a wake-up call to everyone who reads this to make sure that someone has contact information.

Thanks Steve and Will. I have spoken with Tom in the hospital. It looks like he will be there at least a few weeks.  They have not yet found the aneurysm, but have inserted a drain to drain the blood.  They will look for the aneurysm again in another week.  He has his cell phone with him, but no charger, so I plan to send him a charger tomorrow.  When he get the charger, then he will be able to communicate with everyone.  He seems pretty confused, but that is to be expected.  Only my sister and I are allowed to find out about his condition from the nurses, so I will post regular updates here. He agreed that this is the best way to communicate with his friends.  He said that the cats will be fine inside of his RV as long as they have food and water, so we can leave them there for now. Will said that he would take care of making sure that this happens. 

Steve, I told him that you called and sent your best wishes. I will continue to send all good thoughts his way from his friends in this forum.

For those of you not following his "I'm hanging up the keys" posts

Tom had an aneurysm and is in the hospital. The details and updates are here.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I modified your message to add a link to Sue (Tom sister)'s message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom