Tom Seiler (Seilerbird) in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell Tom that Wendy said to knock this crap off and get out there shooting beautiful bird pictures.

Wendy

What Wendy said!  Please tell him Margi wants those end-of-the-month-best-pictures back as soon as possible.  Hang in there, Tom!

What Wendy said, and  what  Margi said!

Tell Tom we all look forward to his recovery and his next photo  session !

Thank you so much dear sister  for informing us. I was wondering where his posts  were on our RVForum!

[quote author=captsteve]For those of you not following his "I'm hanging up the keys" posts ... Tom had an aneurysm and is in the hospital.[/quote]

Since replies were being posted in both topics, I merged the relevant messages into one topic.

We all wish Tom a speedy recovery but sometimes a little levity is good medicine.

Wendy

Hi Everyone, I have been able to talk to Tom yesterday and today and have also talked to his nurses for status reports.  He is only allowed to talk to me or my sister, Jackie, and we were given a password to make sure that they are not giving out any confidential information.  Will is taking care of his cats and his RV and the folks at his RV park are making sure there is good security for his rig.  If anybody would like to send a card or flowers, his address is: Tom Seiler, University Hospital, Shands North Tower, Room 8269, Gainesville, FL 32610.  He has his smart phone and a nurse is lending him her charger so he can get quick charges, but I have mailed him one so he will have his own by Saturday.  So, he can communicate by email.  I do not know if he can get to this forum with his phone, but I hope so.  I will talk to him every day and give a status report.  The hospital seems to have everything under control and he is lucid, but has some memory loss.

Thanks for the update Sue. Tom has a big following here on the forum, largely because of his photography knowledge/skills and the excellent photos he shares with everyone.

Sue,

Thank you very much for keeping us informed. Being the "one in charge"  is hard on you too, so take care of yourself.  Thank you for the  snail mail address as well.

It is "funny" how things happen, Tom was just going through a big change in lifestyle to give up  full time RVing and now life hands him this challenge.  He seems to be a pretty tough guy! Let him know we are pulling for  him all the way!

I do not know Seilerbird, but I have grown to appreciate his wisdom and sarcasm in his posts on this forum. He speaks his mind honestly and is well-informed about the topics he addresses. His photography is also very thoughtful. I am praying for his full recovery.

But for the Grace of God go I.

This is exactly why we love RVing. What a wonderful group of friends. I don't know any of you but I am touched by how thoughtful and helpful you all are. The RV lifestyle is just this way. This is why we tell everybody that we meet that RVers are THE best. You are all in my prayers. Bless you all.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom