Tom Seiler (Seilerbird) in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sue,
Thanks for the update.  Are you the sister who lives in Las Vegas?  I'm picking up my postcard tomorrow for mailing!

Please relay to Tom that we wish him a speedy recovery and that he gets back to taking pictures of "birds in flight" very soon.

Marsha and Tim Lassen

Tom, I do pray you get well soon.  You're so blessed they found this early.  For so many people it's not found until it's too late.  May God bless you with a complete recovery to bring you better health, and thousands of more photos.  I so enjoy your many new photos every month and look forward to their soon return.

The picture on the post card I sent you is my MH with my 750 lb "moped" as my toad.  It was taken at the welcome center in TN on I-40 just leaving NC.  Taken with my Motorola Razr Camera phone.

Hi Tom!  I snail-mailed you a card today.  (My old fashioned side.)  But, I created it on the computer.  (My techie wannabe side.)  I hope you continue to recover quickly so that we may once again enjoy your photos and your participation on the forum. 

Hi everyone, I have just spoken to Tom again this morning.  I have also talked to Will. His cats are being taken care of and Will plans to visit him later next week and deliver his ChromeBook to him.  He is longing for visitors, so if anybody lives close enough to visit, this would be welcomed. I spoke to the nurses and he is allowed two visitors at a time.  I  Have posted his information before, but will post it again.  He is in Gainesville, Florida, in the Shands North Tower room 8269. This is at 1600 SW Archer Road.  For post cards, the zip code is 32610.  He still has some confusion, but the nurses think that he is steadily improving.  They are putting a clamp on the drain in his head to see if this helps.  He says that the headache has never gone away, so I am not sure why they are doing this. He will have another angiogram in a few days in hopes of finding the aneurysm.  I have informed him about all the get well wishes.  As soon as he gets the charger that I sent him, he says that he will get on this forum with his cell phone. I hope that he is able to do this.

I am glad to hear he is doing well. Tell Tom that I am at sea or would be making the drive to see him. Hope the good news continues.

Steve

Sister Sue --

Please let Tom know that Don and The Pelicanlady are wishing him a speedy and complete recovery!

I just came back to this sub-forum and find this -- sorry I didn't know earlier. Best wishes, Tom, for a speedy recovery.

Larry and Mary Ann

As soon as he gets the charger that I sent him, he says that he will get on this forum with his cell phone. I hope that he is able to do this.

Tom, looking forward to being able to communicate with you. We were so sorry to hear you're in the hospital dealing with what you're dealing with. That's some scary stuff! We're pulling for you here, hoping that you know that "All who call upon the Lord shall be saved."

Praying for a speedy recovery for you and hoping you will see the bird photo I sent you. The best we've all been able to come up with for an I.D. on the thing, is that it's a mutated Robin. Have been hoping you'll feel well enough to put your two cents in on it.

All the best Tom!

-Trevor & Roni

I spoke with Tom this morning.  His sister, Jackie, and I have set up a schedule that I call in the morning and she calls in the afternoon. When Jackie called yesterday, he was really feeling miserable (his word).  When I called this morning, he was much better.  He said that the headache was not bothering him for the first time this morning.  The drain is still clamped off, and they are monitoring the pressure in his brain quite closely, according to his nurse. I always ask to speak to the nurse first and then to him directly.  Yesterday, he received some candy from me and some cookies from L Jackie, but did not get the charger yet, and that is all he seems to care about. He quickly dismissed the other gifts saying that he tried one cookie and it made him sick, so we are not doing too well in the gift front.  If anybody has any better ideas, please send them to him.  He wants to go home, but of course, that is not possible yet. He lives alone and needs careful monitoring.  I called back again after talking to him and had a long conversation with his nurse, who told me that he is eating the cookies and candy, but that they are monitoring his sodium and sugar levels, so he cannot have too much at one time. I also asked about the diagnosis and she said that whenever there is bleeding on the brain, it is classified as a hemorrhagic stroke.  The bleeding on the brain is why he was admitted and the low sodium is just a side effect of bleeding on the brain, not the cause of it, as Tom thinks.

Since Tom seems to think that he will go home soon, I spoke to the nurse about this, too, and she said that he will not go directly home, but will go to a rehab facility when he is ready. I asked if that rehab facility could be on the West Coast, and she said yes, that the social worker will talk to us to make arrangements, but that will not be for quite a while. Jackie and I are discussing this.  We want him back close to family.

This sounds a lot more serious than I thought.  We're certainly praying for a quick recovery.  I've had both good and bad experiences from rehab facilities.  The last one, my dad went in and was quickly released, totally "rehabbed."  It is my prayer that the Doctors will quickly find and cure the problem so that he can be released to do what he loves, take more pictures.

I'm glad you and Jackie have a routine worked out.  Talking with both of you each day should help Tom's spirits.  Oh boy, when Tom hears about the rehab facility he'll probably go ballistic, but I do agree he needs to be near family as he recovers.  He'll worry about the kitties and his RV so if you can work out a plan for their care before you talk about the rehab it probably would be to everyone's benefit.  Finding a good rehab facility can be really difficult, especially in some parts of the country.  Some of them are pretty awful so that's another thing your family needs to research.  When my mother fell her comment was "I don't want anything to do with any of those M---- places because they have a terrible reputation."  We were lucky that there was an opening at a good rehab place the day she left the hospital.

The good news is that Tom is able to communicate so as far as strokes go, perhaps this is a relatively mild one with a positive prognosis.  We'll certainly all be keeping our fingers crossed that his recovery will be quick and complete.

ArdraF

I hate being too busy to catch up with the latest news.  Now that I had a little spare time, I find out that Tom is in the hospital!  Dang it!  After going through the thread, my only wish is that Tom gets through this ordeal with no problems.  He is in my thoughts and prayers. 

Back
Top Bottom