Tom Seiler (Seilerbird) in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just talked to his nurse and also talked to Tom this morning.  He seems to be doing better. He finally got the charger so should be to this forum soon.  He will get another angiogram tomorrow and if everything looks good, he may be moved soon out of the Neural ICU and into a regular hospital bed.  I am talking to him about the next step.  I want to make sure that he is involved in all decisions.  I sent  him an e-card and now that he has his cell phone working, he has received it. He enjoyed it, so maybe some other folks could also send him an e-card.  There are lots of sites out there where you can find them.  Send them to [email protected].

Sue

Just sent an e card to him.  This was so much easier than mailing one as we are on a trip in Newfoundland right now.  Thanks for keeping us posted, I know this is a very stressful time for you and your family.

Sheila

Just send a Jacquie Lawson e-card to Tom.  Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us informed, Sue.

I am another that does not know "Seilerbird" personally, but have grown to love his stories and his pictures. I have spent the last hour catching up on Tom's condition. I am glad to hear that he is doing better. Tom, I will be praying that you will continue to do well. Sue, thank you for keeping everyone posted.

Frank

I couldn't say it better than Frank Hurst. I hope Tom recovers fast and we again see his awesome pics.. Ann and I will keep him in our prayers.

I too have never met Tom but I am a follower of his for his knowledge, sense of humour and his photos.  Tom please do get better real soon.  God Bless

I spoke to Tom's nurses twice this morning and to Tom just a while ago.  He had another angiogram this morning and they still did not find an aneurysm, but found a little patch of blood.  I am awaiting a call from the doctor to see what he thinks, but Tom seems to think that it is nothing.  Tom says that he is feeling much better. He still has a diminishing headache and some confusion, but no other symptoms.  The nurse told me that they are planning to discharge him soon, and I said that there needed to be a plan in place first because he lives alone.  I will most likely have to deal with all that tomorrow.  His friend Will, if he is feeling well after his own medical appointments yesterday and today, has offered to pick him up when he gets released.  I will keep everyone informed when I know more. Tom seems like his old feisty self today. I truly hope that he can go home soon with some care. Some family members may fly out to help him, or some cousins that are in Georgia, may drive down to see what he needs.

Tom said that he has not been able to navigate to the forum yet, but has tried.  He still has some confusion and only has a cell phone, so it may be a while until you hear from him here. He has received a nice post card from Jerry and Audra, but that is the only one that he mentioned.  He is thankful for any messages that he receives.  He can receive calls on his cell phone now that he has it.  407-232-1884.

captsteve said:
If he is able, the best place for him is "Home with his Kitties" Healing goes better where you are happy...

I really believe this with all my heart.  In my experience, If at all possible a home health nurse is the best option. 

But I'm earnestly praying that he will be healed to the point that he will not need a rehab facility, but the doctors will see such a dramatic improvement that he is free to go home and regain his strength there.  Get well soon Tom, you have lots of people praying for your healing.

I guess that I am another who has not been keeping up. I pray that Tom makes a speedy and full recovery. My wife and I have always enjoyed his fine photography.

Sue and Framily, I haven't been in here for a few weeks/months and now I find that my friends are getting sick on me. That's not good enough! I am trusting all of you to look after yourself so that I've got somebody nice to talk to :)

Seriously now, many thanks to you Sue for letting the Forum know and keeping us in touch with our friend Tom. Like many in the forum I've yet to meet Tom, my excuse is it's too far to drive to catch up with him seeing as I live in Australia.

I've always enjoyed Tom's photos and his conversations along the way and I'm hopeful that he gets over this little setback and gets back to his normal charming self really soon now.

Sue, please let Tom know that is friend from Australia is thinking of him and if we get the time sorted out I will try to catch up with him.

Will, thanks for being a good member of the Framily and for looking after his fur friends. To know they are safe and being cared for will take a whole lot of worry off of his mind. You're a good mate.

Note to regulars. Maybe somebody could let Sue in on the secret of what we call Framily :)

Geez! I don't browse all the topics in this forum and I didn't know until now that Tom had "hung up the keys". And five minutes later I learned that he's been in the hospital. You're obviously in all of our thoughts and prayers Tom. Will - it's terrific that you were able to help out with Tom's cats. They sure mean a lot to him. Sue - thanks so much for the updates! They mean a lot to us.

Kev

(For a fuller explanation of 'Framily', click the About button above and scroll to the bottom of the page).

Hi Everyone, I just talked to Tom and to his nurse.  They are talking about moving him down out of the Neural ICU and into a regular bed at the hospital today.  I have also talked to Will who said that all of his medical tests went well and he is now home and ready to come and get Tom and bring him home whenever he is released from the hospital.  I will not let them release him until a good care plan is in place for him.  Meanwhile, his nephew, Bill, who lives in California, has just left to drive across country to be with Tom when he comes home.  Tom is reading email messages, but is not responding much because he is having trouble typing on the small keyboard of his cell phone, partly because of the small keyboard and partly because his brain is still not at 100%.  He is continuing to improve, though.  His nurse says that he is a bit wobbly on his feet and has some confusion, and still a small headache, but everything is under control. 

SueWelsch said:
Hi Everyone, I just talked to Tom and to his nurse.  They are talking about moving him down out of the Neural ICU and into a regular bed at the hospital today.  I have also talked to Will who said that all of his medical tests went well and he is now home and ready to come and get Tom and bring him home whenever he is released from the hospital.  I will not let them release him until a good care plan is in place for him.  Meanwhile, his nephew, Bill, who lives in California, has just left to drive across country to be with Tom when he comes home.  Tom is reading email messages, but is not responding much because he is having trouble typing on the small keyboard of his cell phone, partly because of the small keyboard and partly because his brain is still not at 100%.  He is continuing to improve, though.  His nurse says that he is a bit wobbly on his feet and has some confusion, and still a small headache, but everything is under control.

That's great to hear. 

And I have trouble typing on my phone, when I'm healthy and wearing my reading glasses.  When one's in a hospital on their drugs, I bet it's hard enough just to read the posts.

Because I'm down under and it is just going to take far too long to send any postcards or things like that I decided to give Tom a call on his mobile. It sure surprised him to get a call from Australia LOL

Up until now I had only ever talk to Tom through messages on the forum but he sounded real good and quite chirpy. He said his nursing staff got considerably upset with him because he took what he called an "unauthorised field trip". At the time I called the staff were in near his bed taking his blood pressure and he got a great joy out of telling them that his call was from Australia.

He didn't place me at first until I mentioned we had last been talking about his Condor photos from in the Grand Canyon and then I mentioned that I was the resident Santa Claus. He placed me then.

I mentioned that the messages of support had turned to 4 pages in here and he said he still hadn't been able to access the forum but he was going to have another go this afternoon to see if he can find the messages. I also let him know that many forum members were sending their messages of love and support and their wishes that he got better and got out of there real quick and that made his day.

I asked him about the staff and if they were looking after him and he said they were just great. So I told him to pass on to them that Santa will look after them very nicely this coming Christmas. Apparently that got lots of laughs :)

So keep the cards and letters coming in folks, he's doing well and smiling.

And to Sue, Jackie, and Will, many thanks for all you're doing to help a forum friend, it's very much appreciated by all of us.

Tom, I'm hoping you're back to at least being able to read the forum messages.  Let me be the first to say Welcome Back!  We've all missed you.  Don't worry about the typing and replying.  We know you're there and are thankful for that!

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom